Denon D2000 for Sony 7506 User?
Jun 5, 2007 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

mmanolio

Head-Fier
Hi,

I have been using the Sony V6 / 7506 since they came out. I am a radio and recording engineer and like the detail and the bass with these when listening critically. They still are the industry's reference cans.

I have 3 of them in 3 different locations.

Many thanks to this board for letting me know about the Beyer DT250 pads. They are the best thing that ever happened to my 7506's!

Now, when listening for enjoyment I have been looking for a can with a little bit less of the "grating detail" of the 7506 (smoother mids too) and a little more extended high-end while keeping the bass characteristics.

I have tried the Beyer DT770-80 (older version) and never could get used to them. Too much upper-bass that muddied things up and a "veiled" sound.

I also tried the Senn HD600. They had no bass and sounded too "distant" for my taste. I don't think I would like any "open" style can.

FYI...I have sold the Senns but the Beyers may be for sale soon.

Do you think that the Denon D2000 might be in the ballpark for what I'm looking for?

Or do you think I am so used to the sound of the 7506's that I may as well stay with them for life and be done with it?

I wish there were shops locally where I could listen and compare but, sadly, those days are long gone around here.

Thanks,

--M--

Users who are viewing this thread

Back