Denon D2000 died, looking for replacement recommendations
Oct 13, 2021 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

andysor

New Head-Fier
After 11 years of near daily use one of the drivers of my beloved Denon D2000 failed. I even checked with a multimeter, confirming it was the driver. All the fake leather was flaking, and I'd replaced the ear-cups, so I suppose it was time.

Any recommendations? I listen through a laptop in my office or at home, no amp. Loved the full, deep bass on the Denons.
Listen to everything from acoustic blues to electronic.
Budget is flexible, but I'm in Norway, so nothing too obscure that I can't get hold of over here.

Thanks in advance!

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #2 of 6
E-MU Teak would be a natural upgrade since they're part of the same "family". The only potential issue is that the E-MU Teak's pads have slightly smaller ear openings than the Denon D2000, IIRC. The Fostex TH-610 would be the alternative with the same size pads, but they're more expensive and harder to source since they're discontinued.

Oct 14, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #5 of 6
Don't know what they run there, or what your budget is, but I love my AH-D7200 and think they are a natural progression there.

A used pair of Focal Elegia might also be worth looking in to.

Oct 14, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #6 of 6
E-mu teak. I preferred it over the entire fostex x00 line, and it won't break the bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back