Denon D2000 Demo music?
Nov 19, 2011 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Omark12

100+ Head-Fier
Got my D2000s a few weeks ago and have been doing nothing but loving them. I got them used so I think they already had some burn in on them. They have about 25 + (previous owner's burn in) hours on them, they still get better with time though. One thing I noticed was that the bass was totally fine for me, I don't want more and I don't want less, maybe the the previous owner MarkL'd em, but if they didn't I can't imagine them with less bass, I don't find the bass to leak into other frequency ranges at all, but thats just me.

Back to the topic:
What are some good songs where the D2000s absolutely shine? Across all genres what songs sound THE BEST on the D2000s, maybe even some music that kicks Beats by Dre in the nuts.

Again... Genre doesn't matter just good sound, it could be dubstep, electronica, rock, classical, whatever.

Current setup: Xonar DG soundcard (serving as DAC/Amp)> D2000 and iPhone 4s> D2000 on the go

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 7

This will give the sub bass a bit of a work out, it's a classic

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 7
D2000 has a bit of a smiley curve, in other words, a bit of an emphasis on bass and treble.  Play some Trentemoller, and you'll fall in love with the ultra deep deep bass and very crisp treble.  

Always Something better, While the Cold Winter Waiting, Snowflake, Moan and Miss You come to mind.  But please do not youtube them.

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #5 of 7
Heya,

Rusko - Everyday
In Flames - Fear is the Weakness
Bach Cello Suites by Rostropovich
Opeth - I Feel the Dark
OceanLab - Miracle (Above & Beyond Club Mix)
Regina Spektor - Fidelity
Robyn - The Girl and the Robot
Pink Floyd - Brain Damage
Avantasia - Lost in Space
Ani Difranco - Both Hands
Within Temptation - Shot in the Dark
Dolores O'Riordan - October
SuperHeavy - Miracle Worker
Ludovico Einaudi - African Melody III
Tori Amos - Flying Dutchman (alternative mix)

This will pretty much give you an idea of what those D2000's (and other headphones) are capable of.

Very best,

Nov 19, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #6 of 7
Will any Trentemoller song work? I couldn't find the songs you listed but i did find the "Tide" album in FLAC format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back