Denon D2000 Alternative?
Jan 21, 2016 at 9:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Ford[S]

New Head-Fier
Hi there, headphone noobie here so apologies if you're tired of these questions 
redface.gif

Basically I've had a pair of Denon D2000's for quite some time now, and I've been on the market for a new pair as my current pair are falling apart. The cable has become very frail which requires lots of wriggling around to bring out the optimum sound, the ear cup screws are coming off and the ear cup cushions are wearing away.

I'm aware they are very good headphones, and I have absolutely no intention to sell them, in fact I intend to mod them to repair the issues above at some point.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences of going from D2000's to something else and found it a good jump, or if anyone has any recommendations for me.

I have a Cambridge Audio azur 340A amp, which is also outdated (I think) which will be powering them. I predominantly listen to hip-hop/rock, and I must admit I am a fan of the intense boom you get from some solid bass which the Denons provide, however I'd like something with slightly more clarity in the bass. I also game quite a lot and would like to use them for gaming too, so anything with a wide soundstage would be fantastic.

Based on my amp and music taste, what would you recommend I look at as an upgrade? Nothing bank breaking, even if they're just on par with the D2000's. I've been looking at some DT770's however I hear the D2000's win in all aspects so it would be a downgrade of sorts.

Thank you for any help 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back