denon d1000 vs dr dre beats vs denon d2000
Jan 23, 2010 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

abar20

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of dr dre beats already and they are super bassy. I dont know what their frequency response is but Im looking for a very clean and natural sounding headphone. I figure denon is a safe bet bc they are comfortable and well reviewed. but how do they compare? Also, in the headphone buyers guide, they say that the d2000 should be used with an amp.. How much would I have to pay for a decent amp that would go well with the d2000's? It doesn't need to be portable, unless portable is cheaper for some reason. Thanks for helping me out.

Jan 23, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by abar20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a pair of dr dre beats already and they are super bassy. I dont know what their frequency response is but Im looking for a very clean and natural sounding headphone. I figure denon is a safe bet bc they are comfortable and well reviewed. but how do they compare? Also, in the headphone buyers guide, they say that the d2000 should be used with an amp.. How much would I have to pay for a decent amp that would go well with the d2000's? It doesn't need to be portable, unless portable is cheaper for some reason. Thanks for helping me out.

If in your place, I would read threads about different headphones, not only the guide.
Same with the amps.
If you want the easier way out please post details of your requirements as for price, type of music,how important is comfort,so on.

Jan 24, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #3 of 5
I just recently got a pair of D2000s. I have yet to try them with an amp, but they totally outshine Dr.Dre Beats.

Would be interested to find out what DAC/Amp pairs well
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #4 of 5
Yes, the Denon D2000's are amazing cans at the approx. $250 level. Just do it! All the real cool kids (read: hip Head-fi'ers) have 'em.
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by r3volution /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just recently got a pair of D2000s. I have yet to try them with an amp, but they totally outshine Dr.Dre Beats.

Would be interested to find out what DAC/Amp pairs well
biggrin.gif

so they dont NEED an amp, right? they still sound good, yeah?
also in what ways do they outshine Beats by dre? are they somewhat less bassy or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back