Denon D-M30 v D-M31
Feb 7, 2006 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

redrich2000

Headphoneus Supremus
I am looking at picking up a cheap but decent mini system. I can get the Denon D-M30 a little cheaper than the D-M31. Does anyone know how the 31 is different? If its minor I will just get the 30.

If you don't know the answer can you suggest another forum/website where I might be able to find out?

Thanks

Feb 7, 2006 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 8
Both are fantastic micro hifis. I would audition both if I had the chance, but I personally prefer the look of the 30 over the 31. Either way, you're going to get something relatively decent. Are they brand new? or are they ex-demo?

Feb 8, 2006 at 12:12 AM Post #4 of 8
From my memory of the What Hifi review of the D-M31, the main difference is that it comes with Denon designed speakers, rather than Mission designed ones. What Hifi reckoned they didn't sound near as good, and said "Try and find a D-M30 or at least the speakers if you can only get a D-M31" or words to that effect.

Go for the D-M30!
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #5 of 8
The speakers are the difference. Get the 30 if you can, the Missions are actually nice little speakers (could use some bottom, but what mini-bookshelf speaker couldn't). The Denon system is nice until it breaks, a bear to fix or get fixed.

Feb 8, 2006 at 6:06 AM Post #6 of 8
I thought it was the new M-33 that had the crapper Denon speakers? The M-31s down here have Mission "designed" speakers? In the pics the speakers look almost identical, the M-31 has the sub on the top.

Anyway, I am gonna buy the M-30, its cheaper and neither of them are audiophile enough to justify the extra. The other option of course is buy both and find out for myself and sell one (or keep it in the kitchen
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Feb 8, 2006 at 12:53 PM Post #8 of 8
Sorry, must've slipped my memory they looked the same, but there was a reason to go for the 30. Thanks for correcting me.

What about a maxed out t-amp and some bookshelves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back