DENON D-7000 & HeadRoom! (Denver Audio Fest)
Oct 16, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by UWisconsin77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Price maybe?

Although at $600 (normal going rate), these are a good deal. $1,000; not so much.
wink_face.gif

Yep! ... Our subjective HeadRoom 'Value Ratings' are basically "bang-for-the-buck" equations so the less pricey stuff that sounds superb given the pricepoint (and category) typically gets weighted a bit more heavily... Keep in mind the 'Value Ratings' are not necessarily meant to be the last word in overall sound quality!
wink.gif

That being said, we're having a fairly hard time choosing between the DENON D5000 & D7000 models with most of the HR staff leaning slightly towards the uber-expensive D7000 model currently!
ph34r.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product manager

Oct 16, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That being said, we're having a fairly hard time choosing between the DENON D5000 & D7000 models with most of the HR staff leaning slightly towards the uber-expensive D7000 model currently!
ph34r.gif

This will keep some interested buyers like myself on the fence... Some folks talk like the D7000 is in a different league, but it doesn't appear so. Looking forward to more impressions.
popcorn.gif

Oct 19, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm having a hard time evaluating these cans. First, the bass extension is extraordinary, and I don't think the bass is uncontrolled,
but I do think it's slightly excessive and draws a bit too much attention to itself, at least on initial listening.

The problem is, the more I listen the more I like, and I don't know to what extent I'm fooling myself with these cans. It's a bit like the UE10/UE11. In that case I think UE went too far with the bass; in this case I think Denon went there, but maybe not too far. They're very alluring cans, and very enjoyable to listen too.

I guess only more time, and comments from some of you folks, will tell.

Thank you for your honesty, another reason why your products and company deserve to thrive. Regarding your initial listening though, let them burn-in for a while and see if the bass settles down.

Nov 4, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #19 of 23
Any idea when you guys will be putting up the measurement (frequency response, impedance, etc) graphs?

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by odigg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any idea when you guys will be putting up the measurement (frequency response, impedance, etc) graphs?

Howdy Odigg,

Unfortunately, we're still wrestling with tons of graph display issues on the website but i will try to expedite something on the D7000 specs asap ... Thanks for the patience!
redface.gif

CHEERS,
Jorge
HR Sales/Products

Nov 5, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Howdy Odigg,

Unfortunately, we're still wrestling with tons of graph display issues on the website but i will try to expedite something on the D7000 specs asap ... Thanks for the patience!
redface.gif

CHEERS,
Jorge
HR Sales/Products

No Problem. I guessed something like that was going on.

Oct 11, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has the burn in helped in taming the bass? If so, how many hours of burn in have you logged on them.

Are the highs in proportion to the bass? Thanks.

i have an audio technica at-ha25d headphone amp hooked up to my 7000's, am also feeding the sound through my onkyo tx8511 to eq. both amps have poor bass, so keep this in mind, I NEED HELP TO PROPERLY AMP THESE PHONES TO TEST, SO ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED!
THINKING ABOUT THE DEAROOM DESKTOP AMP OR THE GRACE M902
(BUT THAT SEEMS A LITTLE TOO EXPENSIVE AND FANCY FOR ME,, ALSO AM BOUT TO BUY A SECOIND HAND PRESONANCE MINI EQ to adjust sound, dosent have optical though, but will be fun none the less! sighh ,just FYI

----------onto my under amped review of the 7000's.....................
---mids and highs are REDICULOUS, HAVE TO EQ THEM DOWN SO MUCH
-----lows- honestly i was hoping for more bass, then again please note that these arent amped properly!!!!!!
----build, they are way lighter than they actually look and scream of quality manufacturing, earpads leather and are super cunfy,(probably most combfortable phones ive ever owned. light wieght and the fact that there not super big means i can rest my head to one side without being uncomfortable.
---------noise isolation-- dont really isolate background noise that well, but lightwieght design is better than heavy, still super cunffy, plus leather pads so you dont get gross disgusting earpads like virtually ever otherpadded phone ive had!!
-----i did direct comparison to bose around the ear cupped phones---and duh there was no comparison,, u turn the bose up really loud and they just get distorted, and their highs suck, while there bass is not terrible but there 40mm not 50mm like the 7000's
------movie watching, really good with the lord of the rings, after eq the ound you can actually make the phones shack on your temples,,,,, still wanted more, hopefully headroom desktop amp will suffice(DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE HEADROOM DEKTOP HAS EQ ON IT OR JUST AMP, AND IF NOT WHAT SMALL SIZED EQUALIZER WOULD YOU RECOMEND.......................
----bass, pops,,,,, i took note of how well these phones pop the lows, very pleasing,,, im used to my cars 2 10 inch subs so thats probably screwing me up but i always want more lows, even with certain classical(i love dark classical)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has the burn in helped in taming the bass? If so, how many hours of burn in have you logged on them.

Are the highs in proportion to the bass? Thanks.

your question FINALLY, FROM THE INFERRIOR AMPED SETUP WHICH I AM USING I WOULD HAVE TO SAY NEGATIVE, THE MIDS AND THE HIGHS DEF. OUTWAY THE BASS , AND I HAVE TO EQ THE MIDS AND HIGHS DOWN WITH RECIEVER HAVING SAID THAT IAM VERY PLEASED WITH THESE, AND I AM GONNA HAVE TO KEEP EM!! BUT I CANT WAIT TO PROPERLY AMP THESE 7000'S THEN WHO KNOWS EVRYTHING MAY BE PROPPORTIONATE , ANYONE WITH GOOD SUGGESTIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back