DENON D-7000 & HeadRoom! (Denver Audio Fest)
Sep 22, 2008 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

JorgeC

Sponsor: HeadRoom
Hey All,

Just a quick post to announce we have received our initial 'demo' pair DENON AH-D7000 headphones and are now putting it through its full HeadRoom paces as i write this ... First initial impressions: True, astonishingly deep bass extension and a lovely refinement upon the D5000 signature. That's all we'll say for now!
ph34r.gif

Also, DENON & HeadRoom/Headphone.com will team up to roll-out the D-7000 in North America at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver (weekend of Oct.10, 2008) in our HR 'Audiophile Desktop' showcase suite ... Come on Down!
bigsmile_face.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Sep 23, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #4 of 23
Will you be putting a review out here or on the Headroom website before Oct. 10? It would be nice to actually get more information on the D7000. Some of us are waiting and ready to order!

Sep 24, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #5 of 23
I'll be there
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll see if I can talk any of the guys at Denon or Headroom into letting me sit down with them for an hour (maybe after the event closes down and they start packing up) to get a nice review to kickstart things for everyone. I plan on bringing a video camera as well as the first rig listed in my signature

Sep 24, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by odigg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will you be putting a review out here or on the Headroom website before Oct. 10? It would be nice to actually get more information on the D7000. Some of us are waiting and ready to order!

Hello Odigg,

Cool!
smily_headphones1.gif

i'm not quite sure we'll be able to post a properly reasoned HeadRoom review before we have to travel to the show in Colorado, but we'll try...
wink.gif

I'll add the D7000 headphones are currently undergoing 'burn-in' -- on my head ... i'm lovin' em! (like most who've heard them around here!)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Oct 3, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #9 of 23
Hi Jorge,

Thanks for getting the review up. I'm a little surprised that there was no comparison to the D2000/D5000 as I'm sure many people with the D2000/D5000 are wondering if this is worth the upgrade. Could you say a little about that here? Is it similar in the highs/mids? Is the primary difference in the bass extension?

Thanks.

Oct 6, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #10 of 23
I'm having a hard time evaluating these cans. First, the bass extension is extraordinary, and I don't think the bass is uncontrolled,
but I do think it's slightly excessive and draws a bit too much attention to itself, at least on initial listening.

The problem is, the more I listen the more I like, and I don't know to what extent I'm fooling myself with these cans. It's a bit like the UE10/UE11. In that case I think UE went too far with the bass; in this case I think Denon went there, but maybe not too far. They're very alluring cans, and very enjoyable to listen too.

I guess only more time, and comments from some of you folks, will tell.

Oct 15, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has the burn in helped in taming the bass? If so, how many hours of burn in have you logged on them.

Are the highs in proportion to the bass? Thanks.

After about 75-100hrs of burn-in, I'd say the superbly textural bass response extension clearly remains the strength of the D7000 headphone, although [to my ears] the highs are still very well-rendered & quite transparent.

We REALLY look forward to hearing the D7000 recabled over to balanced-drive/XLR connections -- which our HeadRoom techs are in the process of doing as i write this!
icon10.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Oct 16, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowmark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why does the Denon 5000 get a 5 star rating and the Denon 7000 only get a 4.5 star rating?

Price maybe?

Although at $600 (normal going rate), these are a good deal. $1,000; not so much.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back