Denon AHD2000 or Beyerdynamic dt880
Feb 7, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what was your source/amp?

I was using a PS3 running via HDMI through a Harman Kardan AVR354. Perhaphs I didn't give them enough time to settle down....but I think I was just let down with how they made my ears ring.

Feb 7, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #17 of 25
I think people are over exaggerating on how easy the Denons are to drive, yes they're easy to drive to audible potentials, but there is no question better amps will give you huge improvements with them. They are not as easy to drive to their full potential as one may think.

Admittedly the DT880s are harder to drive though.

I'd say it depends on your musical preferences. D2000s are FANTASTIC for hip-hop, R&B, rap, electronic, as well as rock and metal (although not on Grado level for the final two, but then again what is on Grado level for rock/metal?). DT880s are nice for rock, metal, and trance, but where they really shine is acoustic, classical, jazz, blues, etc.

Feb 7, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think people are over exaggerating on how easy the Denons are to drive, yes they're easy to drive to audible potentials, but there is no question better amps will give you huge improvements with them. They are not as easy to drive to their full potential as one may think.

beerchug.gif

I can only listen to them through my LDI+

They sound bland without a nice powerful amp.

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beerchug.gif

Exactly. I wouldn't say you need an AMAZING amp to drive them by any means, because I much prefer them out of my Compass than I did out of my old HeadRoom Desktop, but you certainly need something that you could at least call decent, they aren't going to sound good out of a CMOY or an iPod, but if you've got a $200+ amp you should be all set.

Feb 7, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beerchug.gif

Hi Roker, how do you compare Grado SR125 and D2000? I have SR125, but considering buying D2000 (used together with Basso D10 or Beresford DAC/AMP). Sorry if I am off topic here....
smile_phones.gif

Feb 7, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #21 of 25
Leaving main amp as stock on D10 and changing buffers to AD8656 sounds amazing with D5000...

Feb 7, 2010 at 8:05 PM Post #22 of 25
depends which one you want.

DT880:

better imaging/focus/more balanced/sharp detail/straightforward/relaxing/ pretty musical as well with the right equipment. did i also mention DT880's know how to treat their women?
dt880smile.png

Denon D2000:

fun
eargasmic bass response system
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun

you choose which one you want
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
depends which one you want.

DT880:

better imaging/focus/more balanced/sharp detail/straightforward/relaxing/ pretty musical as well with the right equipment. did i also mention DT880's know how to treat their women?
dt880smile.png

Denon D2000:

fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun
fun

you choose which one you want
smily_headphones1.gif

Why not both. Then you put the DT880 on your head and since it's open you put the D2000 over the DT880. That way you'll be able to enjoy them both at the same time
evil_smiley.gif
I'm not sure if the D2000 can be stretched that far though.....

Feb 7, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #24 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not both. Then you put the DT880 on your head and since it's open you put the D2000 over the DT880. That way you'll be able to enjoy them both at the same time
evil_smiley.gif
I'm not sure if the D2000 can be stretched that far though.....

It definitely can. The smallest size fits my head, and the largest size is like double the diameter.

LULZ

Feb 9, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #25 of 25
Well I decided to get the DT880 32 Ohms. Thanks for all the suggestions and opinions. I think this is one of the best forums on the net and I have went from knowing absolutely nothing about headphones to at least having a solid knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back