Denon AHD1100 to AHD600 - significant upgrade?
Jun 6, 2015 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Crackerman

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone.

A while ago I fell in love with the Denon AHD110. I’ve been through a million sets of headphones and these are my favourite. Unfortunately, they’re not the most durable phones, and they’re now discontinued by Denon. 

I’ve been reading a lot about the Denon AHD600 and, although kind of ugly, they look comfortable and seem to match the sound signature of the 1100. Are they better in terms of sound quality or is it pretty much the same drivers in a different housing with a detachable cable? I could save up $300 to blow on them, or hunt down another pair of 1100s for $100. 

Has anyone listened to them side by side?

Jun 7, 2015 at 1:49 AM Post #2 of 3
You know I have just been on the front verandah sitting in the sun listening to my D600's with my X3. When I 1st purchased them I did not like them and relegated them for PC Gaming activities and Movies at which they excelled.

I'm not sure whether it is burn in or brain burn in (the latter more likely) but with the treble -2 on the X3 and 70% volume I find really like them now. Very meaty luscious sound.

However with regard to your question you are better off asking here;

http://www.head-fi.org/t/669463/why-doesnt-anybody-like-the-denon-ah-d600

Lot's of them for sale now and I would suggest you listen to them 1st and if you like them shop around, be patient and pay as little as you can for them. They used to be available for around 200.00.

Jun 11, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi...I've a pair of these for about a week and I like them. Right now, I listen to them through iFI DSD DAC in turbo mode and they aren't bad. The more I listen I think some of the things I heard about them are coming true. Colored, slightly recessed mids and deeper bass. I am wondering if the colored sound is from them not being broken in as of yet, Less than 30 hours on them im sure...also, some recordings are colored as well. Right now they have a closed in sound like they aren't run in. While a lot of guys don't believe in cables, I do. I read on Denon's site these cables are OFC cables, which aren't the best for audio....I think I will be adding some PUOCC silver cables to see what they can do...may even help to open the sound a bit. 

I don't think they are ugly as many have stated..and one thing I do know,,,,,I think they where over priced at $500, and a steal at the price I paid...$230.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back