Denon AH-D7000 to Fostex TH-900 worth it?
Dec 25, 2019 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Brando

500+ Head-Fier
I've been doing some research and from what I gather the fostex TH-900 is a better version of the denon AH-D7000. I love the ah-d7000 with my new dac and amp and it's hard to imagine better sound but I am curious since I've read that the th-900 blows them away. If I'm super critical and look hard for something to improve it would be that they may be a tiny bit too smooth for metal/punk etc when the guitars are supposed to be raw and crunchy and drums are supposed to be a little sharper and snappy (not sure how to explain). At the same time I'm not sure it's possible to have both qualities simultaneously since it may change something else for the worse. So, should I get a th-900 in order to achieve the ah-d7000 turbo sound or will I lose something that I love? Will a zmf headphone be better than the th-900? Or am I wasting my time? Thank you!

PS: merry christmas!

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 4
Sorry for the late bump, I have had both and actually prefer the sound of the D7000.... less piercing and more balanced overall. If I was looking at a potential upgrade from the D7000 I'd probably try the ZMF EIKON.

Aug 25, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #3 of 4
I have the TH900 and had the Eikon, if you just want it a little more crunchy and sharp then Eikon is probably a pretty good bet, but I prefer the TH900 it just sounds so fast and raw with great bite. But many people find them to treble piercing.

Jan 31, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks guys I'll look into it. Sorry for the necro.

EDIT: That Eikon is a beautiful set of phones

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back