Denon AH-D7000 In The Absolute Sound
Jan 7, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.... I'd take the D7K over that mess any day.

Me too times 10!!

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #17 of 29
see signature you can get Martin Logan's for less than $5k that to me are in a completely different class than my headphones

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Klipsch stopped being an audiophile loudspeaker about 5 years before it started being carried by Ultimate Electronics. I'd take the D7K over that mess any day.

confused.gif

It doesn't sound like you've been keeping up with the company that well these past few years. Klipsch is most certainly an audiophile loudspeaker. Although I vastly prefer the Heritage series to the Reference, their new Palladium line is simply phenomenal. I attended a demo recently with their new P-39F's and left with drool remnants on my jacket. Then again, they are $20k.

Their fully spec'd Klipsch Jubilee, an "off the menu" item, will mop the floor with anything you put up against it.

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #19 of 29
May I just say that this is the weirdest thread ever. Respect to Sherwood for holding it out in here, and he is the only one with correct information on Stax that I'v read in this thread so far. And whats with the people trying to either justify their own purchases, or trying to sell speakers?!?!?

Jan 7, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It doesn't sound like you've been keeping up with the company that well these past few years.

Guilty as charged. I have finite resources when it comes to speaker research(believe it or not), and I had apparently unnecessarily written off Klipsch. The models I'd heard at Ultimate were ghastly -- shouty, boomy, terible imaging, etc.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll go give it a look!

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by donlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PS Audio is great. It is much better than my ECSS and Singlepower MPX3 Slam. It has great bass control and very smooth treble.

donlin, when you say it is better than the SP, I assume this is only in regards to amping the Denon, with the GCHA being SS, or is this still true when using your HD650?

Jan 8, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmashta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
donlin, when you say it is better than the SP, I assume this is only in regards to amping the Denon, with the GCHA being SS, or is this still true when using your HD650?

It's a tough call with the Sennheisers. At the moment I would probably pick the GCHA as best.

Jan 8, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif

It doesn't sound like you've been keeping up with the company that well these past few years. Klipsch is most certainly an audiophile loudspeaker. Although I vastly prefer the Heritage series to the Reference, their new Palladium line is simply phenomenal. I attended a demo recently with their new P-39F's and left with drool remnants on my jacket. Then again, they are $20k.

Their fully spec'd Klipsch Jubilee, an "off the menu" item, will mop the floor with anything you put up against it.

I have to agree with you here. I heard the new Palladium line recently and was simply floored. Best speaker I've ever heard. It seriously puts the B&W 802D's I sampled the same day to shame.

Jan 11, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #24 of 29
Iwould like to get back to the D7000 for a moment...I am looking for a closed HP for isolation purposes. How do these compare in sound to the GS1000? Also do they sound good with the WOO WA6 and with most all genres of music? D7000 owners..?
TIA

Jan 11, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #25 of 29
dmashta ...I too have found the GCHA much better for HD650's then my SinglePower MXP3/Supra. The SinglePower makes a great preamp and works wonders sitting before my Stax as such but seems strangley anemic with the 650's, even though so many have said they are good match.

And on my computer system the PS Audio = my Stax rig, even though I'm trying not to admit it. The Stax has little more resolution, the PS has more slam.

Back on thread, has anyone compared the D7000 with re-cabled HD 650's or GS 1000's?

And of course, we all await a non-biased shootout (if there is such a thing) with the new HD 800.

Jan 11, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Iwould like to get back to the D7000 for a moment...I am looking for a closed HP for isolation purposes. How do these compare in sound to the GS1000? Also do they sound good with the WOO WA6 and with most all genres of music? D7000 owners..?
TIA

I would imagine they would sound really good with the WA6 iirc in the past people liked woo audio plus d5000 or d2000. I prefer solid state for the d7000 myself (gilmore lite) over my previous amp the ASL OTL32 which was good with just about everything else.

Jan 12, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #27 of 29
Regarding the D7000 vs the GS 1000, I'll just say that I sold my GS 1000 about a week after I got the D7000's and have not regretted in one bit. The GS 1000 sounds extremely colored and strangely balanced after getting used to the D7000.

Jan 12, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lornecherry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dmashta ...I too have found the GCHA much better for HD650's then my SinglePower MXP3/Supra. The SinglePower makes a great preamp and works wonders sitting before my Stax as such but seems strangley anemic with the 650's, even though so many have said they are good match.

And on my computer system the PS Audio = my Stax rig, even though I'm trying not to admit it. The Stax has little more resolution, the PS has more slam.

The GCHA is simply one of the great amps. As others have stated in other threads, it doesn't get much coverage here because it's made by a mainstream audio company and doesn't take months to get.

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:21 PM Post #29 of 29
donlin,

You're exactly right about the PS Audio GCHA. It's tremendous.

But this is an enthusiast site, and people here seem to prefer the odd, the custom-built, the rare, rather than the excellent and easy!

I can't speak about it with the D7000, but it was super with the D5000, so my assumption is that it would make the D7000 sing, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back