Denon AH-D5200 (little brother of the AH-D7200)
Apr 5, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #812 of 815
I think the D5200 sounds more detailed and refined than HD600 that I have. It can be almost like an endgame for RnB, pop, soul, etc.

Some were worried about the mid recess. I think it is recessed like just a TINY little bit, almost unnoticible. Vocals are almost always slightly ahead of the rest of the mix, but ALWAYS present and in unison with the rest of the music.
Most anaemic EU USB C is the best for such high sensitive IEM's and Headphones keaping SINAD about 80 dB on 76 dB SPL level for AH-D5200.
It's dirty cheap, outputs only 0.5V and doesn't last for long but at 10 $/€ hard to complain. There are better both dongles and desktop DAC's in that regards (50 mV and less output) but not for peanuts.
Reacently got AH-D5200 for it's trouble response which I smmoth only and trim 5.3 KHz peak rest goes towards Harman over ear 2018 - 2 dB bass. I am spoiled with my main speakers system so to me it's ridiculous when I hear people arguing about depth wide sound stage on headphones, it will never be even close to real room reverberation (which is also a headache to DSP and dump with isolation to right levels but when done properly).
Some asked about EQ-ing and being lazy and such way buck, I found it easy especially with tools like Auto-EQ and compared to speakers (adding the room and room modes in equation).
https://autoeq.app/

Apr 5, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #813 of 815
Most anaemic EU USB C is the best for such high sensitive IEM's and Headphones keaping SINAD about 80 dB on 76 dB SPL level for AH-D5200.
It's dirty cheap, outputs only 0.5V and doesn't last for long but at 10 $/€ hard to complain. There are better both dongles and desktop DAC's in that regards (50 mV and less output) but not for peanuts.
Reacently got AH-D5200 for it's trouble response which I smmoth only and trim 5.3 KHz peak rest goes towards Harman over ear 2018 - 2 dB bass. I am spoiled with my main speakers system so to me it's ridiculous when I hear people arguing about depth wide sound stage on headphones, it will never be even close to real room reverberation (which is also a headache to DSP and dump with isolation to right levels but when done properly).
Some asked about EQ-ing and being lazy and such way buck, I found it easy especially with tools like Auto-EQ and compared to speakers (adding the room and room modes in equation).
https://autoeq.app/
I think it's hard to get a room in the first place these days... :D

Apr 5, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #814 of 815
I think it's hard to get a room in the first place these days... :D
Well I have deticated A/V room isolated from rest of the hause in the country and good neighbours so I can shat out whenever I please, still don't do it often. It's nothing special and on small side half treated acussticaly but with lot of effort very nice sounding. Got bored a bit so bought headphones which I considered good to my preference to treat my self a bit. Always whose a fan of Foster drivers in all shapes and sizes. Even with better transfer tuning and less bass and now not slightly recessed mids I still miss equal loudness compensation to SPL compared to my speaker/sub's system but I simply can't do that (without measurement HAT) for headphones.
Played a bit even tuned them to old AH-D7000 or if you wish AH-D9200 with error response to JM-1 (pina transition + Harman) but that's not my pair of slippers (too bright). Just as a info to those who prefer that.

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:14 AM Post #815 of 815
Has anybody tried side by side and AH-D5200 and Hifiman Sundara or Ananda Stealth? If so, is there an obvious difference in terms of refinement? Does Hifiman clearly sound superior in that regard? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back