Denon ah-d5000 or 7000..
Feb 17, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #31 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
like for example...when I listen to electronic music or any other bass heavy rock tunes with the 5000,you can feel the bass very deep and sometimes very thick (if this is how it's in the recording),and when I listen to rather bass light music like led-zeppelin and such I expect the bass to be very boomy and muddy...but to my surprise always,it is not at all. it always matches the level in the recording, which means that the denons are not just crazy "Bass canons" but they are "Hi fidelity" headphones.

I agree, I don't find them that bass heavy, but they are full bodied, which I like, I don't mind an occasional and slight coloring of the low mids with classical, it adds weight and a strong fundament.

Feb 17, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree, I don't find them that bass heavy, but they are full bodied, which I like, I don't mind an occasional and slight coloring of the low mids with classical, it adds weight and a strong fundament.

yeah...exactly. I think they are very good with classical. except from the nice bass they adding to the celos, they also give nice treble extention for the violins to shine.
their well extended high frequencies (can get even too sibilant in certain recordings) is really the main factor for them them not to be too muffled or too bass heavy in a way that you are not able to listen at all.

Feb 18, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok, there are a couple of songs which are simply too 'boomy' with the D5000's.
One of them is Grizzly Bear's Two Weeks, I had to make a preset to make it listenable...
20100218-tre9xcrdnjwnh1awe3kqx3ikc1.jpg

But this is the only track of the album and overall one of very few tracks that needs eq-ing

Feb 18, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #34 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioHi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking at $349..maybe that's too much to ask? perhaps $399?
I am currently searching all over the forum regarding 5000 and 7000..
More positive reviews on 7000 than 5000. Seems like people are comparing 5000 to 2000 a lot.. Still doing my research right now.. any advice appreciated..

If you offer $600 for the D7000s J&R will usually accept the offer, if they don't call later and hope for a different rep or manager.

Also, the guy on first page who said the D5000s are just D2000s with a better cable and wood cups is saying that like it won't change the sound at all. Whether you're a cable believer or not, the D5000 cable is much less tangle prone and I'd easily pay $50+ more for a cable that isn't going to tie itself in a knot. As for the wood cups, D2000 highs can be harsh, everything seems clustered together and not very smooth, the wood cups just makes it sound more musical, smooth, and overall more balanced and fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back