Denon AH D5000 - Balanced Silver Dragon Cable - Just Received
Jul 26, 2008 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BigEat

500+ Head-Fier
Just receivedthe Denon 5000s with balanced XLR and the Silver Dragon recable. They are smooth and refined but need some serious breaking in. The silver cable significantly enhances the resolution and tempers the bass a bit to my ear. Using with my B-52. They sound very even across the range, neutral and responsive. I had thought about the Markl mod to further reduce the bottom heavy effect, but I think I'm going to break in as is. A welcome addition.

Jul 26, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #2 of 4
Nice! Please let us know your impressions after breaking them in
wink.gif

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:52 AM Post #4 of 4
Pete,

I have 3 pair. Two with cable mods and one stock, and yeah, they are bottom heavy out of the box. The only one of mine with appreciable hours is the stock version that I have which is probably not burned in completely. That said, it seems to have relaxed some as the diaphragm has flexed a bit in the phones.

Now, I think cables make a difference, but it is never going to be neutral. I like the big bottom of the Denons, but I think Markl would tell you it needs some further modification even after complete burn in. I'm not sure I'm quite there yet, but he is a Denon guy and an expert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back