Denon AH D2k's....
Dec 31, 2008 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Oink1

Headphoneus Supremus
Just ordered some tonight, Late Crimbo pressie to me!
biggrin.gif

So, come on then all you D2000 owners - Show me some 2k lurve! - Impressions (Good or bad) Pics of stock/recabled/otherwise modded cans Recommendations for re-cables etc. You know the score. Oh btw, Happy New Year from the UK - resolution?, Must buy more audio gear!
wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 16
I ordered a pair earlier this week too. They'll be at my door on Friday. Can't wait to give them a listen. Hopefully they complete my audio inventory for the next year or so.
beerchug.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #4 of 16
Received mine on the 23rd, wasnt used to their sound at first and wasnt in love at first listen (im coming off bose around ear and in ear headphones). Now i realize how amazing every part of their sound is. The lows (incredible), the highs (non fatiguing but crystal clear), the mids (present and full, maybe not as detailed as the amazing highs and lows however). beautiful, beautiful sound. it was love at second listening. hardcore.

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Figlio Perduto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Received mine on the 23rd, wasnt used to their sound at first and wasnt in love at first listen (im coming off bose around ear and in ear headphones). Now i realize how amazing every part of their sound is. The lows (incredible), the highs (non fatiguing but crystal clear), the mids (present and full, maybe not as detailed as the amazing highs and lows however). beautiful, beautiful sound. it was love at second listening. hardcore.

Mine received on 27th and still burning-in. I don't think there is any missing quality in sound department for this can except mids perhaps not liquid enough.
Did any one of you implement any mod yet ? Wonder how will D5k & D7k sounded. Will the mod (markL??) add more warmth (coloration
biggrin.gif
) to the mids?

Jan 1, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #6 of 16
D2000=absolute favorite closed can to date!!!!
D2000=love them, love them, love them!!!

Have thought about getting them recabled by Moon Audio (blue dragon) or Alex at apuresound but haven't done it yet.

The only thing I dislike is that they are a little loose on my head and fall off if I lean forward.
frown.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #7 of 16
You won't be disappointed. They are a fantastic pair of headphones, and even run off my iPod nano (no, I don't wear them out in public, they are rather huge for that
tongue.gif
)

Nice, balanced, warm, smooth, detailed sound. Sound good before burn-in, but they only improve with time.

Jan 1, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
D2000=absolute favorite closed can to date!!!!
D2000=love them, love them, love them!!!

The only thing I dislike is that they are a little loose on my head and fall off if I lean forward.
frown.gif

Hi Shelly
smily_headphones1.gif

I had read that they can be a little loose if your nogin is on the small size - perhaps the markl mod to the pads would help?

Paul

Jan 1, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #10 of 16
I love my D2000 - and it sounds great even straignt out of my iPod.

Jan 1, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by MustRotate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are they confortable for long use in summer? The leather pads seem to make you sweat a lot in summer or ?

The pads aren't real leather. I think the material might be better than leather as an ear pad because it feels to me as if it may breathe a little better than leather might.

In any event, the pads are suitable for long term use in warmer weather.

But you probably won't notice any discomfort in the pads anyway, because you will be too busy enjoying the sound!
icon10.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #12 of 16
Paul: I didn't realize that there was a mod that would help with this. I looked at the Markl mods but it didn't seem help (at least as far as I could tell by glancing at the post). I don't think the "phat pad mod" that some have done to the Audio Technica's will work. Oh well, it is not too bad... I don't do a lot of head-banging while listening to music.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oink1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Shelly
smily_headphones1.gif

I had read that they can be a little loose if your nogin is on the small size - perhaps the markl mod to the pads would help?

Paul

Jan 1, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by shellylh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Paul: I didn't realize that there was a mod that would help with this. I looked at the Markl mods but it didn't seem help (at least as far as I could tell by glancing at the post). I don't think the "phat pad mod" that some have done to the Audio Technica's will work. Oh well, it is not too bad... I don't do a lot of head-banging while listening to music.
smily_headphones1.gif

biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #15 of 16
Ah, of course. Why didn't I think of that sooner!
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oink1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back