Denon AH D2500 (see inside how to create these)
Jan 15, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #32 of 50
Beautiful work! I tried to get woodies from Denon but they wouldn't sell them. If anyone is interested, Denon does sell a new D5000 cable but it's easier to be patient and wait for a used one to come up. Are they heavy or is the cup pretty thin? Congrats again!!

Jan 15, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #33 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnsonad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are they heavy or is the cup pretty thin? Congrats again!!

The wooden cup weighs exactly 44g, the plastic is 48g. The wood is pretty thick, definitely thicker than plastic. She-oak is great wood, very hard but not heavy.
What weight I've gained on cups I've probably lost with extra stuffing in pads and headband, so eventually I ended up with the same weight as stock D2000.

BTW, I love San Diego. Been there couple of times on business trip.
wink.gif

Still vividly remember the taste of those massive margaritas in Old Town, pints of Guiness in Irish pub on 7th Ave, talking to NAVY SEALS in their watering hole on Coronado Island. Beauty! Some good memories.
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #36 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure that there are more than a few D2000 owners who would be willing to purchase these cups.

Think your friend might consider doing a "limited run"?

I second this. The wood cups are absolutely stunning.

Jan 16, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #38 of 50
awesome cans! its better than what Larry used to offer

Jan 17, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #40 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure that there are more than a few D2000 owners who would be willing to purchase these cups.

Think your friend might consider doing a "limited run"?

+1 pm me if your friend would ever do this. very interested.

thanks

Jan 17, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #41 of 50
Beautiful upgrades.

I just purchased a pair of D2000's this weekend at ACGear while away on business in NYC. Best $270.00 I have spent in years!

Where does one locate a set of D5000 cables? Alternatively any recommendations for a DIY cable?

Jan 17, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #42 of 50
They look awesome. Adding cotton to the headband is next on my list. My ear pads already look like pillows...
I will be getting a new source and home amp before I get a recable, but I am always looking out for an available D5000 cable.

Thankyou for the pictures and the idea for the headband.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back