Denon AH-D2000's worth it?
Feb 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #91 of 111
That open-mod seems cool, I have absolutely no confidence when it comes to DIY though 
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #95 of 111
That would be like saying the Markle mod voids your warranty.

Markl says right in his thread, in bold type, that his modification voids the warranty. As for trying the open mod, based on what you say, it seems that it does void the warranty, but only if Denon can tell that you opened the can. That's a chance each person takes if he tries it.

Feb 22, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #96 of 111

Quote:
Markl says right in his thread, in bold type, that his modification voids the warranty. As for trying the open mod, based on what you say, it seems that it does void the warranty, but only if Denon can tell that you opened the can. That's a chance each person takes if he tries it.

I'm curious though do the markel mods entail permanent modification where you can't go back to stock with no signs of damage?

Feb 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #97 of 111
It's easy to drive, no need for an amp. D2000 can be moded to an extent where it sounds almost like d5000.... It's worth trying I guess. Im a previous D7000 and D5000 owner.

Feb 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #98 of 111
I'm curious though do the markel mods entail permanent modification where you can't go back to stock with no signs of damage?

The way they've been outlined here on HF? No, they are reversible.

Edit: That said, removing the dynamat/fatmat residue 100% is a b*tch.

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #99 of 111

To be honest, I didn't read through it that closely, although according to others, the answer is no. Let me ask you this, though: if you modified your headphones, and they then started crapping out, would you try to return them under warranty, assuming you could reverse the mods without signs of damage?

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #100 of 111
To be honest, I didn't read through it that closely, although according to others, the answer is no. Let me ask you this, though: if you modified your headphones, and they then started crapping out, would you try to return them under warranty, assuming you could reverse the mods without signs of damage?

Using the open back mod definitely. You don't have to make it a permimant mod at all in all honesty. I just liked it so much that I had my cups cut so I could have them in place and enjoy the aesthetics of the phone as well as the sound. Before making the mod perminant I just removed the cups and placed them on the side. I'm also using Velcro to attach the ear pads to the frame of the drivers opposed to locking the pads in place (which causes slow boomy bass).

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #101 of 111
OH MY LOOOOOOOORD. I JUST GOT THEM LITERALLY, I'M LISTENING TO MY FIRST SONG ON THEM AND I'M JUST DONE. THE BASS HAS SUCH A KICK TO IT AND EVERYTHING SOUNDS SO CLEAR AND REALISTIC. I'M IN LOVE.

Seriously... I can't believe I stanned for Beats for so long, these annihilate them. The next time I hear someone say they want Beats I'll point them straight to these.

And the quality! They feel amazing. They're so comfortable. The cord is long as hell but I can tell it won't be wearing down ever. 

I'm so glad I chose these, thank you all for convincing me! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #104 of 111
Well, obviously it'll wear off once I get used to the sound lol. But for now, I'm in love. 

Fair enough - I guess I didn't word that very well. Sure, the initial euphoria might wear off, but I'll be interested to hear how well you like the headphones once you've had a chance to really get to know them. The D2000s are on my list of potential buys, too.

Feb 29, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #105 of 111
The great thing about them is that they "burn in", both physically and psychologically, better than any other cans I've owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back