Denon AH-D2000 need opinions
Apr 5, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #16 of 24
Well that's not good. Thank you for giving a different opinion. I can't justify spending $250 on hps that aren't all around "better" than the ones I already have. I realize better is different for everyone but I don't have the money to just get a pair and not like them.

Apr 5, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #17 of 24

Quote:
Well that's not good. Thank you for giving a different opinion. I can't justify spending $250 on hps that aren't all around "better" than the ones I already have. I realize better is different for everyone but I don't have the money to just get a pair and not like them.

I already have a RA number to return the Denos's AHD2000 for a total refound... in the mean time enjoying the Grado's 225i and MDR V6. That in my opinion and taste are way better than the D2K.

I agree and think it is a personal taste but cmon! I think that there should be a bar and better criteria when grading the phones. How can a Bass Hump and recessed mids make a good headphone? not to me it doesn't.

Btw I don't think is a breakin matter because they should have a sound print that only gets better but if the sound print is bad out of the box no way is going to change or open that much.

Any way sending them back asap.

Apr 6, 2012 at 7:23 AM Post #18 of 24

Quote:
I recently acquired a D2K and i gotta say its VERY overhyped on this site, no offense.  Sure the bass is stronger than the M50 and the mids are too recessed, which makes it a boring headphone to listen to.

I take this statement back.  I Just burned the Denons for 14 hours and it sounds MONSTER.  The music is filling my head I feel like Im gonna float away mang.  Guess burn in does work.  Jeez

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #21 of 24
Maybe he just started listening to the right songs. As much of a Denon fan that I am I'm very skeptical of 14 hours having that major an impact on a person's thoughts about a headphone. For me personally, I never witnessed any big changes on my Denons through their first couple hundred hours of playback.

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #22 of 24

Quote:
Maybe he just started listening to the right songs. As much of a Denon fan that I am I'm very skeptical of 14 hours having that major an impact on a person's thoughts about a headphone. For me personally, I never witnessed any big changes on my Denons through their first couple hundred hours of playback.

Agree. I heard for a couple of hours the D2K with different music genders, comparing to what I had at hand (Sony MDR V6 and Grados 225i) and didn't like the Denon's. It all comes down to personal preference and taste. So... today im sending them back. I really don't think that 14 hrs is going to change the sound print, sound quality nor the EQ curve or response, they might open a little but they are not going to became a Grado.

Cheers

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:13 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:
The D2000 has a more visceral bass than the M50, you will feel it more. Depending on which version of M50 you have, the D2000 will also have quantitively less bass, but that doesn't really matter as much because you feel it more.
Comfort is something the D2000 beats the M50 the most at.
Lows are flatter, mids are a little bit even more recessed than the M50s, the highs extend better and at times more shrill. Overall the Denons have a more refined and clear sound with a larger soundstage.

I just joined the Forum and am very interested in the comments. I found the D2000 lacking in warmth and bass in Classical and Jazz, compared to my M50,s.
You intimate the M50 bass can vary depending on the model. Please can you elaborate on this?  According to Audio-Technica they should all sound the same, but if they are indeed different that could explain some of the discrepancies of views. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back