Denon AH-D2000 (Markl Modded) Amp $300 Budget
Jul 9, 2008 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Steve The Egg

100+ Head-Fier
What amp pairs well with these amazing headphones?
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #2 of 21
People were saying that the X-Canv8 matches well, but that's way over your budget.

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #4 of 21
My stock D2000 coupled with a just received Little Dot MK IV is currently blowing me away. I can't imagine how things will sound once both units are burned in.

I think they might have halted sales for a few weeks due to Summer vacation though.

Jul 9, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radioheadache /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My stock D2000 coupled with a just received Little Dot MK IV is currently blowing me away. I can't imagine how things will sound once both units are burned in.

I think they might have halted sales for a few weeks due to Summer vacation though.

I was thinking about the Little Dot MK V.

But as for the IV, I've heard that tube amps don't pair well with low impedance headphones (e.g. Denon 2000).

Jul 10, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #6 of 21
The MK V is a remarkable amp I am currently using with my Denon D2000's

Jul 10, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by STONER1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The MK V is a remarkable amp I am currently using with my Denon D2000's

Your set up is exactly what I want! Keces 151 to MKV to 2000's
biggrin.gif
I'm jealous. How do you like it?

Jul 10, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #8 of 21
X4 for the MKV.

I've heard the DA-151 with the Denons, and a PC as source, and the combo is fanfriggingtastic. The amp was not an MKV, but in my setup (see below), had I not gone with an OMZ DAC, the DA-131 would have replaced it.

Jul 10, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #10 of 21
Alright. Noob question. I would use a mini to RCA adapter right? I have one that I use for speakers when I watch movies on my big screen tv (computer as source). It's a very cheap Radioshack cable. I REALLY don't want to get into the debate of cables. But, if someone could recommend an alternative source, or tell me if I'm on the right track. Maybe some one would like to make me one
biggrin.gif

CountChoculaBot: Is there a website I can look at? Or maybe a picture? Or a release date? Something :/

Jul 10, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #11 of 21
what's your source, PC? If so, the Keces DAC has a USB port, then you would connect an amp via RCA cables.

Jul 10, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve The Egg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright. Noob question. I would use a mini to RCA adapter right? I have one that I use for speakers when I watch movies on my big screen tv (computer as source). It's a very cheap Radioshack cable. I REALLY don't want to get into the debate of cables. But, if someone could recommend an alternative source, or tell me if I'm on the right track. Maybe some one would like to make me one
biggrin.gif

CountChoculaBot: Is there a website I can look at? Or maybe a picture? Or a release date? Something :/

Tuesday's with mls - here it is... Chapter #3 - AV123.com Forum

Scroll down a bit till you see it.

Here's an old thread detailing its performance. I honestly have no idea in hell what the charts mean, but I'm guessing it's good
smily_headphones1.gif

x-head arrives and impresses... - AV123.com Forum

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve The Egg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking about the Little Dot MK V.

But as for the IV, I've heard that tube amps don't pair well with low impedance headphones (e.g. Denon 2000).

The only solid state amp that I've heard my headphones through was a portable one in the form of a Total Bithead, but I've found that the MK IV really brought out additional detail to my music and the bass tightened up a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back