Denon AH D2000 in your opinion
Oct 12, 2011 at 9:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tr1ckster

New Head-Fier
I've been reading about the Denon AH D2000. Most of the people says that their great, has a punchy bass, and clear treble. What do you think? In your opinion

Oct 12, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #2 of 3
I highly enjoy them.  Their bass extends real low, but there's no mid-bass bloat like a lot of other headphones tend to have.  The bass is also real powerful without having to be very loud.  I find the extension a very good thing, its extension is akin to an M50, but more powerful and less bloated.  It plays well for hip-hop and edm, where other hi-fi open headphones fail to reproduce enough extreme low end to play those songs with authority, yet not an overpowering midbass hump that runs into the mids like others can. The lower mids are strong all the way out to 1khz, but sometimes the upper mids around 2-4khz can get a little laid back in the sound signature.  Male vocals can be strong, but sometimes female vocalists and brass are a bit laid back, as well as some of the higher frequencies on strings.  The treble can make be very revealing and make some songs sibilant, but otherwise it's very resolved and sparkly, without being overly fatiguing.  The comfort is second to none, and is absolutely amazing for a closed-back headphone.  Very little clamping force and some of the most brilliantly designed earpads ever made create a very natural fit, but at the same time the natural and loose fit causes for less than idea isolation, and you wouldn't want to use them for mobile usage.

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
I highly enjoy them.  Their bass extends real low, but there's no mid-bass bloat like a lot of other headphones tend to have.  The bass is also real powerful without having to be very loud.  I find the extension a very good thing, its extension is akin to an M50, but more powerful and less bloated.  It plays well for hip-hop and edm, where other hi-fi open headphones fail to reproduce enough extreme low end to play those songs with authority, yet not an overpowering midbass hump that runs into the mids like others can. The lower mids are strong all the way out to 1khz, but sometimes the upper mids around 2-4khz can get a little laid back in the sound signature.  Male vocals can be strong, but sometimes female vocalists and brass are a bit laid back, as well as some of the higher frequencies on strings.  The treble can make be very revealing and make some songs sibilant, but otherwise it's very resolved and sparkly, without being overly fatiguing.  The comfort is second to none, and is absolutely amazing for a closed-back headphone.  Very little clamping force and some of the most brilliantly designed earpads ever made create a very natural fit, but at the same time the natural and loose fit causes for less than idea isolation, and you wouldn't want to use them for mobile usage.

Great description!  The couple of things that bothers me is those 2-4khz mids and they tend to sound a little "closed in" compared to open headphones.  Can't help the last one though unless you do some mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back