Denon AH-D2000 Build Quality Problems
Dec 26, 2008 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

nowickia

100+ Head-Fier
I am interested in getting a pair of Denon AH-D2000s but I'm worried about the build quality. Some say they're fine, some say they're not. It seems like people are unhappy with the cable (which I might replace) and the small screw where the cup connects to the headband. Please submit your poll answer and write a comment about your experiences.

Thanks.

Dec 27, 2008 at 5:19 AM Post #5 of 11
Well I have had mine since summer, and before i moved in late August the screw came unscrewed on one earcup. You can't really screw it back in except for with your finger, which only does so much. I did it the best i could and a month later it might have come unscrewed again, not 100% positive. Regardless, a couple months i was putting them on my head and the earcup came off. I thought it came unscrewed again but it was actually broke. I take very good care of them and always set them down easily. So i finally sent them to be repaired. I never had a problem with the cable, and it rubs against the back of my desk all the time.

I still love them though.

Jan 7, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #6 of 11
Mine came apart (earcup pivot screw) about a month after I had them. To put them back together properly, you have to remove the ear pads from the cups and then unscrew the cups from the frame. This is the only way you can get a screwdriver directly on the screw head. I just used some blue loktite and it has never come undone again.

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #9 of 11
There is some play in my left earcup that I will be investigating. It can squeak a bit when you move your head.

BTW, I purchased through Amazon. Does warranty apply?

Jan 8, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #10 of 11
no idea, I got mine via audiocubes, and all of the warranty paperwork was in japanese, and all of the contact #'s were for local japanese calling, so I'm guessing I have/had no warranty for them, not sure if amazon carries the same issue, generally if its "sold and supported by Amazon.com", Amazon is an official retailer (i.e: Sennheiser recognizes them as an official vendor, guessing Denon does as well), however some of the smaller shops that use amazon as a storefront (ok, most of), are generally NOT official retailers, which is a problem for some

Jan 8, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #11 of 11
My right earcup fell off after my first listening session... Loctite-ing the threads worked. But with a can of it's pricepoint (I hear this is an issue for higher Denons, also?), build quality issues like this should be near the least of your problems. Other than that, they're great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back