Denon AH-D2000 Bass is impressive
Mar 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ib1dance

100+ Head-Fier
I've just received the Denon AH-D2000's .First impression is the impressive low frequency response .They excell  on every sonic level, especially the sub  bass, compared to the HD25's , M50's and HD 668B   .

A very impressive uncoloured sound( besides the gradual bass hump which makes them sound more "natural") and remarkably 'open' for a closed headphone :).I will certainly be using these for my main monitor headphones now .

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 4
Glad you like them.  When I first tried them, unamped, they sounded really boomy.  With the right amp and damping force they sound amazing.  They are my most listened to headphone although I miss some detail heard with my open headphones.

I know at least two people at headphone.com that recommend them for the best price for performance.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Glad you like them.  When I first tried them, unamped, they sounded really boomy.  With the right amp and damping force they sound amazing.  They are my most listened to headphone although I miss some detail heard with my open headphones.

I know at least two people at headphone.com that recommend them for the best price for performance.

what amp do you use?

Since the d2000's are very easy to drive ,and are plenty loud enough even from a sana clip ,Could you explain a little the technology of how amplification of the volume will improve the Audio Quality on these low impedance headphones?. 

At the moment I'm using a Good quality External DAC connected to my PC .

I would not describe their sound characteristic as "boomy" .,Obviously in comparison to the likes of the HD25's the d2000's bass -mid bass has less of a  punch  &  more of a  smoother,more  natural sub bass characteristic ..
The d2000 are a definite improvement sonically  compared to the HD25's .Not merely differently tuned /equalized .But a audio quality improvement that opens up the detail in music without it being too "loose" as I've found some open headphones to be.

A Good compromise :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back