Denon AH-D2000 Arrives (pictures)
Mar 28, 2010 at 1:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

FL210

Head-Fier
So, I've got the D2000.
Can't wait to try it with my iAudio 7(palys FLAC), the music coming out the D2000 is amazingly wonderful, compared to my JVC Air Cushion. I can easily feel the punchy bass of the Timberland. The details are extremely full, separation is adequately clear.
This devil makes me unwilling to get it off my head.

Have not tried it with the amp yet, do not at the moment have my Little Dot MK IV on hand.

The D2000 and the K701(mine was lost) are two totally different types. For me the D2000 is much better as for daily constant listening. The K701 may be good for then and a while special tasting.

Mar 28, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 35
Congrat's. The D2000 is an awesome performer. Be sure to eventually set your sights on a fine pair of J$ V2 leather pads. They will improve the performance of these cans considerably.

Mar 28, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #7 of 35
At this point I have no plan to recable or replace pads of it yet, I think it's a little overated that cable/pads replacementcan improve the sound signature much. Unless the improvement is over 5% of total performance, otherwise I would regard it as unnecessary.

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #8 of 35
I also got my D2000 yesterday. Yes, it sounds really different from other headphones of mine. All of my headphones are open type except D2000. The headstage sounds like a little bit smaller and narrow. But I do love this delicate headphone.~
%E5%91%B5%E5%91%B5.gif

%E8%AA%BF%E6%95%B4%E5%A4%A7%E5%B0%8F%E9%9A%A8%E6%84%8F%E6%8B%8D%20007.jpg

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by FL210 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At this point I have no plan to recable or replace pads of it yet, I think it's a little overated that cable/pads replacementcan improve the sound signature much. Unless the improvement is over 5% of total performance, otherwise I would regard it as unnecessary.

I would consider the improvement much greater than 5%. They are a VERY NOTICEABLE improvement over the stock pads. They are approx. 3x wider and therefore situate the ear further away from the drivers. This has a BIG impact on soundstage and attenuates the sound signature in a very pleasant way.

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #11 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeubow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
%E5%91%B5%E5%91%B5.gif

%E8%AA%BF%E6%95%B4%E5%A4%A7%E5%B0%8F%E9%9A%A8%E6%84%8F%E6%8B%8D%20007.jpg

I stole your emoticon
biggrin.gif

And 5 months ago if you show me the pic of your gear telling me that those big boxes are for a headphone I will kick you out of my door and yell: "Are you insane?"
biggrin.gif

@ OP: Great purchase! I'm one guy who is floored by Denon sound.

Mar 28, 2010 at 5:52 AM Post #12 of 35
congratz on your new headphones mate! they are a great choice,I like my D5000 very much. just wait till you get your amp..you will be in sound heaven.
these babies get's much MUCH better when amplified.
when I tried them with my cowon D2 they were ok but wan't refined enough. they don't need a lot of power in terms of volume...not at all sir! they need the amplification for dynamics and refinement. I remember that through my portable they sounded too boomy in the bass and too sharp in the treble. a good amp will get them in focus.
just wait till you get your amp...just wait.

Mar 28, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeubow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The headstage sounds like a little bit smaller and narrow. [/IMG]

Compared to what phones are the D2000 has smaller and narrow soundstage?

Mar 28, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
congratz on your new headphones mate! they are a great choice,I like my D5000 very much. just wait till you get your amp..you will be in sound heaven.
these babies get's much MUCH better when amplified.
when I tried them with my cowon D2 they were ok but wan't refined enough. they don't need a lot of power in terms of volume...not at all sir! they need the amplification for dynamics and refinement. I remember that through my portable they sounded too boomy in the bass and too sharp in the treble. a good amp will get them in focus.
just wait till you get your amp...just wait.

I will definitely try the amp. Well the D5000 requires an amp much more than the D2000. The sound coming from my Cowon iAudio 7 by the D2000 directly is trememdously enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back