Denon AH-D1100 or Klipsch Image One?
Feb 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

alexhutu

New Head-Fier
Denon AH-D1100 or Klipsch Image One?
I know that the Denons have better frequency response (5Hz-37kHz) than the Klipsch (16Hz-23kHz), but I really like the in-line controls and the hard carrying case of the Klipsch headphones.
Is there a huge difference in the sound quality? If there is, I will get the Denons, but if the sound quality is similar, I will get the Klipsch.

Thanks!

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 11
The Klipsch Image One is, in my opinion, a shame to the Klipsch name, and that's coming from somebody who owns a very close relative of it, the Reference One. It doesn't sound like a $100+ headphone should. Go Denon and be happy.

Feb 19, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #5 of 11
Thanks everyone, I'll get the Denons.
But I need a hard case for carrying the headphones, they only include a pouch and I wanna make sure that they are well protected. Is there any website that sells these kind of cases? (w/ international shipping)

Feb 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
Thanks everyone, I'll get the Denons.
But I need a hard case for carrying the headphones, they only include a pouch and I wanna make sure that they are well protected. Is there any website that sells these kind of cases? (w/ international shipping)

None of the denons are really meant as portable headphones...maybe they're not right for you? :| Your OP didn't really state you needed portable headphones..

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #7 of 11
IMHO, there are headphones that you use for just listening and there are those you use to get the job done. The Image Ones are the latter. They're not the worst headphones in the world especially if you need to use them with your iPhone and need a mic to answer calls and a remote to control tracks and volume. So they are less of headphones and more of an accessory to use your iPhone.

I don't own the D1100 but I do own the D7000 and have previously owned the D5000--these are HEADPHONES, as in for sitting around and listening, enjoying music, no mic, no in-line remote....

So to sum it up, apples and oranges (maybe get them both? 
smily_headphones1.gif
) The Image Ones should really be looked at as upgrades to the stock buds that come with an iPhone. Put up against a dedicated headphone, they will lose almost every time.

Feb 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #8 of 11
^ Excellent points, and I agree. Plus the Image One comes with a nice hard case. A solid, serviceable headphone to have around, especially for travel -- you won't be heartbroken if something happens to them. The bass doesn't seem as prominent once you've had them on for 5 or 10 minutes either. I appreciate them, but I only paid $79.

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #9 of 11
You might be able to get the Denon AH-D1100 for $107.
Go to the Electronics-Expo website, put the Denon AH-D1100 into the shopping cart, use the coupon code "BOUNTII".
With the money you cave you can buy a separate carrying case for the headphones.
other possible coupon codes "urlhasbeenblocked", "bigben", "listen30", "bensbargins", "LOGICBUY".

Feb 20, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #10 of 11
Denons.  And that even accounts for the fact that my Image One's were under $50 and the Denon's are invariably over $100.  They are definitely better sounding.  Both very bassy, the Image One's overwhelmingly so.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back