Denon AH-D1001K for $80?
Apr 14, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #16 of 22
Just to be clear, when you say the isolation is poor, you mean it doesn't block out external noise well? As long as it doesn't leak sound out too badly.

I have Sennheiser PXC-250 for noise cancellation, mainly for the train. I intend to use the Denon with an iBasso D10 Cobra in the bedroom when my wife falls asleep before me (which is often), and for vacations. I assume it leaks sound way less than my open AKG K701.

For $80+shipping, I can't imagine a better deal for other sealed headphones. The closest I see are Sennheiser HD280 Pro for the same price, Sony MDR-7506 ($96), Audio-Technica ATH-M50 ($120) and AKG K 271 Mk II ($154). Did I miss any?

Apr 14, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #18 of 22
I just got mine a few days ago, and I was successfully snuck up on twice. Once my sister said she was calling my name from about 20 feet away, and I didn't hear her, listening at a comfortable level.

Apr 14, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Sev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got mine a few days ago, and I was successfully snuck up on twice. Once my sister said she was calling my name from about 20 feet away, and I didn't hear her, listening at a comfortable level.

Your comfortable level must be pretty loud.

I find that the D1001's let in nearly as much as my AD700's.. which are very open.

Apr 15, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #20 of 22
It really WASN'T that loud though...I mean I doubt my sister raised her voice, but it was still enough to block her out, which is saying something.

Also I didn't hear my phone vibrate about three feet from my head on a wooden table yesterday while listening at a "comfortable" level, either.

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:39 PM Post #21 of 22
Mine came in yesterday and I spent a couple hours with it hooked up to FLAC-Squeezebox via coaxial to iBasso D10 Cobra. It sounds incredible, definitely more robust bass than my AKG K701. Very comfortable, I even nodded off for a bit with them on.

A friend brought his Sony MDR-7506 Professional to work and we'll A/B them tomorrow.

Apr 23, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #22 of 22
I'm gonna sell my K518 for the D1001, and the K518 are pretty good cans itself, but some people compare the isolation of headphones with the isolation of IEMs but its just not possible to match the isolation of those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back