Denon AH-C751 help before i buy over CX300
Feb 6, 2008 at 11:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

meridius

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all i have a chance of a pair of Denon AH-C751, as a owner of a pair of sennheiser CX300 i was woundering if the denons have

1 better isolation than the CX300
2 same bass or better than the CX300
3 better fit than the CX300
4 are thay much much better in sound quality than the CX300 or just a littile step
5 are the denons much better sound than the B&O A8 and if so why as my friend has a pair of these and sound good
6 are the denons just as good or 50 50 to the UE pro 5
7 are the denons easy to drive like the CX300 or harder to drive meaning i would need to up the volume or are thya louder at the same volume
8 is there any way you can tell if thay are the denon 700 or 751 but looking at them
9 can you use other ear yips with these and if so where can you get them do the UE pro 5 fit ?

I use a ipod touch would there be any settings that would improve on the sound of these ???? someone said selecting EQ= DEEP helps or is this untrue

i just want to go past the next step but not take the next step i want to jump 2 steps as the other step would be the UE pro 5

i hope you can help me as i can buy some of these today

thanks for any help

Feb 6, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 7
1 The isolation is about the same since the go your ear canal the same depth. Foam tips can greatly imporve iso also.
2 The bass is much less boomy then the CX300. It is tight and controlled. There is still plenty of bass, but it sounds mroe like a hi-fi speaker then a car sub-box.
3 This completely depends on your ear. The CX300 is smaller, but I have not had any issues with the Denon's
4 They are MUCH MUCH MUCH better. MUCH
5 Never heard the B&O's, but these are my favorite phones out of all my portables.
6 I prefer the Denon's to the UE Pro (fit and form are much better, and SQ is too IMHO).
7 The Denon's are fairly easy to dirve. You will not need an external amp to get these to sound good.
8 The 3.5 plug shows the model number.
9 They are a prett standard size when it comes to tips. I prefer the soft Sony tips myself.

These are great phones and you will definitely not regret the purchase. Amazon has the C700 for $141.57 shipped. there is no real sonic difference between the C700 and C751 according to Soozieq.

Denon AH-C700

Feb 6, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKaz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there is no real sonic difference between the C700 and C751 according to Soozieq.

There's no difference at all. It's exactly the same headphone but updated to include the carrying case and extra extension cable. It costs a lot more too!

It's the same as the Shure SE530/E500 - same headphone, different accessories.

Feb 6, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #4 of 7
thanks all and thanks soozieq just hope i win them wink wink , lol

if not is there an american company i can get these from as thaya re to expensive in the uk for me

$140 is like £70 here in the uk

Feb 10, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by meridius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone got any denon 700 or 751 for sale or any UE pro 5 i live in the uk

There's a Denon AH-C551 ending on eBay in a couple of hours (in the UK). I had them and my other half adopted them because he preferred them to his CX300s.

They're also made of aluminium and have more bass impact than the C700 but less treble detail. They're a whopping step up from the CX300 and cNet awarded them 8.3/10 which is pretty good. Go take a look, you can probably pick up a real bargain as they're brand new and unopened. They have a very similar sound to the C700s - as I said, only difference is more bass and less treble detail.

Denon AH-C551 headphones boxed, brand new unused on eBay, also Headphones, Apple iPod Accessories, MP3 Player Accessories, Consumer Electronics (end time 11-Feb-08 02:05:01 GMT)

Mar 5, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #7 of 7
Citate: "...they feature an [new] acoustic optimiser port structure which is designed to bring out ideal acoustic characteristics and improve dynamics by adjusting sound pressure balance around the diaphragm..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back