Denon AH-C700 vs Klipsch Custom-1
May 6, 2008 at 3:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Snoodge

100+ Head-Fier
I just returned my UE Super.Fi 5 Pro's because IMO they lacked bass (yea i know ive already been beat up by people saying that isnt so). The only thing I can come up with is maybe I didnt like the lack of punch because they used armatures. So im tossing around the Denons vs Klipschs. I think the Klipsch also uses an armature but the Denon is dynamic right?

Any insight on which one of these phones would suit me better. I also had one other thing on my mind. The ONE thing that I loved about the Super.Fi 5 Pro's was their sensitivity, I could use them with my PSP and they would play loud and the PSP has like, no volume with most other headphones.

Which of the Denon or Klipsch is more sensitive.

thanks

May 6, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 6
I can't comment on the Klipsch, but I have Denon C700s and I just returned some SF5 Pros and can say the Denons are not as sensitive as the SFs. However, if you want bass the C700s have great bass, both in quantity and quality. Nice sparkling highs too.

But I still prefer the sound of my Sleek SA6s...

May 6, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #3 of 6
I have heard the Klipsch, and while the bass was not lacking, it was, to my ears, muddy and lacking defination. It's just thump, thump thump.

The Denons has nice, tight bass with excellent defination, but it has a slightly bright and aggressive sound signature which can cause listening fatigue. But many folks seem to like the sound....

Have you considered the Atrios M5/M8? Hands down, it has one of the best bass presenation I have ever heard. The bass is never in your face, but it has superb extension (goes really deep) and has excellent texture and detail. Absolutely goose bump inducing. A supremely balanced phone, IMHO. Nice warm mids and clear sparkling highs. It has a slightly laid back sound signature that you can listen to for hours without fatigue. A very musical and fun 'phone.

May 6, 2008 at 9:46 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by dscans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have heard the Klipsch, and while the bass was not lacking, it was, to my ears, muddy and lacking defination. It's just thump, thump thump.

The Denons has nice, tight bass with excellent defination, but it has a slightly bright and aggressive sound signature which can cause listening fatigue. But many folks seem to like the sound....

Have you considered the Atrios M5/M8? Hands down, it has one of the best bass presenation I have ever heard. The bass is never in your face, but it has superb extension (goes really deep) and has excellent texture and detail. Absolutely goose bump inducing. A supremely balanced phone, IMHO. Nice warm mids and clear sparkling highs. It has a slightly laid back sound signature that you can listen to for hours without fatigue. A very musical and fun 'phone.

I appreciate all the info very much guys. I was rooting around on ebay/craigslist/froogle and found someone selling Klipsch Custom-2's for $129 brand new and figured for $70 off MSRP i'd give them a try. If I had a headphone amp all the time and didnt use my iPod & PSP so much I would have bought the Denon's because I really like dynamic drivers but @ 104db vs the Custom-2 @ 112db/mw Im gonna give the Klipsch's a go.

If I dont like them, im gonna re-sell em and buy the Denon's and just have to find myself a pocket headphone amp I guess.

Again, ty for the opinions.

May 6, 2008 at 9:59 AM Post #5 of 6
Cool, remember to come back and fill us in on how it went
wink.gif

May 6, 2008 at 10:14 AM Post #6 of 6
x2 on the Atrio's!!

They have very good bass detail and sparkling highs. It's a Dynamic driver. I dunno about the sensitivity though.

But I think this is the phone that should suit you very well..

greetz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back