Denon AH-C511
Apr 8, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #16 of 23
Just purchased mine off Amazon. For all of you who did the same, where did your product ship and how long did it take from order-to-home? I have a shipping estimate(not delivery) of April 14th!

Apr 9, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #17 of 23
I used Amazon Prime so i chose 1 day shipping, 2 days after order, it came to my door (3 days from when you order).
Yoloni, C551 is not really far behind from C700. It has it's own strength (bass) and weakness (details) against C700, but it's still one of the best imo from other phones that cost under $100.
For isolation, whenever there is music playing, you will have a hard time to hear your surrounding (i missed my C551 delivery because of C700 :p), even if you can hear outside noise, it won't disturb your listening enjoyment
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #19 of 23
Used Amazon Prime as well and used 2-day shipping for the C751s - turns out to be cheaper than the 700s with the sale Amazon is having. Ordered on a Wed. and arrived Friday. I tracked it the whole way.

Apr 9, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I already have the C700's, and from what I've read about the C551's I ordered a pair as an extra backup. But if they sound just about on par with the C700's it's just icing on the cake. I took advantage of that nice $67 price on Amazon currently.

Chris, are we nuts? I just bought some C551s too, just for fun at that price. I have a pair of the new Head-Direct canalphones burning in right now, and expect they will be on par with the Denons. Waiting for 50 hours of white noise, then a review. Oh, I still love the SA6s, as my main IEMs.

Apr 9, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chris, are we nuts? I just bought some C551s too, just for fun at that price. I have a pair of the new Head-Direct canalphones burning in right now, and expect they will be on par with the Denons. Waiting for 50 hours of white noise, then a review. Oh, I still love the SA6s, as my main IEMs.

Hah, I think we must be nucking futs!!
biggrin.gif
I couldn't pass up that price on Amazon. I may even get another pair for an old flame of mine, to keep her on the right track with her music. Ha ha... how nuts is that? I still use the SA6's for my daily listening IEM, but I am curious about the Images, and the Victor wood canalphones. Shigzeo loves those and puts them right on par (or above, cannot remember specifically) with the C700's. Of course he gets them because he's in Japan. I'm curious about the OK1's though too... keep me posted.

-Cheers, Chris.

Apr 9, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ER4 Lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
E2C maybe a good choice too, but definately not ER6i, and SF3.

sound is subjective. just saying that the er6i and sf3 aren't good choices doesn't help anyone unless you can tell us why.

personally i preferred the er6 to the e2c. the er6 were almost as clear as the er4p but lacked the depth. the e2c with kramer mod sounded pretty decent too and they had better isolation and bass than the er6. stock e2c had highs that were too rolled off.

unfortunately i haven't heard the c551 but i recently picked up a pair of c700. more fun and detailed than the e2c and er6 but sometimes the bass can be a little overwhelming. as portable cans, they're great since the bass doesn't get killed by sounds in the environment. unfortunately they don't isolate anywhere as well as the e2c and er6. if you can afford it, go for the c700.

in the same price range as the c551, the jvc fx-300 are another great pair of canalphones that i've really enjoyed. imo, they're more laid back than the c700 but more musical. the c700 seem a bit sterile in comparison. in fact, i've been using the fx-300 more than the c700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back