Denon 7000 with Meier Corda Symphony
Sep 6, 2009 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

brianz

New Head-Fier
I am looking to pair a new solid state amp with my Denon 7000s. I am leaning toward the Meier Corda Symphony for $1375. Anybody have any thoughts on how this pairs with the Denon 7000s? Or with the 2000s/5000s if anybody's tried them, they're pretty similar.

I'd also be curious about whether or not it'd be worth recabling them to go balanced... if I did, I'd be looking at the Rudistor RPX-300 as my balanced amp. Of course, that'd probably cost about $3500 all-in with the amp and recabling.

So I guess I have two questions - is the Symphony a good choice? Second, would going balanced with the Rudistor give me enough improvement to justify more than doubling my expense relative to the Symphony? I am skeptical, and leaning toward the Symphony, but thought I'd ask about both options.

Thanks for any input,
Brian

Sep 6, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #4 of 8
It all depends on whether you plan on using the Symphony's DAC. If not, I'd recommend the Audio-gd Phoenix if you are thinking of going the balanced route (which is a good idea). The RPX-300 is a very nice amp but I don't feel it is as good as the Phoenix.

But I agree with Mrarroyo, it's always best to go to a meet and listen for yourself, especially when that much money is involved.

Sep 6, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #5 of 8
Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for meets with this equipment.

I'm also looking at the Grace m902 now... heard good things about that amp with the Denon 7000s.

Sep 7, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by brianz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for meets with this equipment.

I'm also looking at the Grace m902 now... heard good things about that amp with the Denon 7000s.

I have the m902 and d5000s (got d7000s on the way!). The seteup sounds better than anything I've ever heard in my life before! Granted, I haven't heard a ton of different headphone systems but I pay close attention to what I'm hearing and my enjoyment level, etc. and in the past I worked in audio production/engineering. Let me tell you this setup sounds so choice, you just don't want to stop listening!

Oct 10, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #7 of 8
just got the 7000's very impressive, but i have crazy setup and i need help tweeking the bass, or really just eq ing the highs down these phones mids and hi's are REDICULOUS!
I HAVE THEM PAIRE WITH A audio technica at ha25d hdphone amp, (which has unpowerful bass,, recently i had the onkyo txsr6o6 hdmi reciever, sounded great with phones but i never used, so pawned. bummer... but now i am using my onkyo tx 8511 to eq the sound into the at ha25d hdphone amp. i also have been running the feed through my pioneer dir800c ir wireless reciever to get the dolby headphone effects, the onkyo tx8511 dosent even have sub outs and like my audio technica ha25d lacks in bass, sooooooooo i cant really fully gauge the 7000's full capability,

Oct 10, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #8 of 8
I RECENTLY DECIDED to buy this presonens 3qb to eq the sound so i dont have to run feed through the onkyo hoping to minimize background noise, hoping this works better,

ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME A SUGGESTION TO AMP THESE PHONES PROPERLY,,
THEY ARE THE NICEST PHONES I HAVE EVER OWNED, AND I AM PLEASED WITH sound just need to eq them like i stated before the mid and highs on these are rediculous, and also its amazing how much power they actually can take, once i properly amp these bad boys i can write a detailed review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back