Denon 2106 Receiver advice
Feb 20, 2006 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Alu

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello,

I'm putting together a new HT system and I was wondering some things considering the Denon AVR-2106 Receiver that I wanted to get. I'm currently using a Rotel RC-03 & RB-03 Preamp & amp combo, and I wanted to know whether I could use the denon as preamp, with the same quality that I used the RC-03, and still use the RB-03 as amp through the receiver's preouts. Would this work well?

Or is there anything else that I could consider? I'm pretty set on that Denon since I can get it for a cheap price, but I don't want to lose my current 2 channel speaker setup's quality, with which I'm really happy. I'm still keeping the RC-03 though of course.

Feb 20, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 4
It should be fine. IMO denon typically has the best audio quality of all the non boutique stuff.

Feb 21, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 4
I find Rotel to be a notch above Denon as a whole. Denon makes good stuff but some ok stuff as well. Rotel on the other hand is good all the time. I use B&W 703s (you use the 705?) and have found they match well with Rotel.

Some of the speaker forums could be more helpful.

Feb 21, 2006 at 2:41 PM Post #4 of 4
Yea the Rotels do match the b&ws pretty well. But it'd be great if the denon would be of equal quality or even be an improvement to my current system, as I wouldn't have to switch cables, and I could possibly sell the rc-03 some time.

I'd really need some 2106 users that could share some of their experiences with 2 channel audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back