Denon 2000s poor build quality.
Sep 6, 2008 at 6:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

notoriousmatty

New Head-Fier
My 2000's right ear cup just fell off. The screw that holds the cup to the headband part just looks like its stripped. I only had these for 2 months and took care of them better than my year old infant...almost. I purchased them through provantage. Is there anything I can do at home or are these just poor build quality? Is there anything you an recommend me under 500 that would be a better headphone than these. I run them through a high end denon receiver. Thanks!!

Sep 6, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #2 of 8
The buildquality of the denon d2000 is very good except for the screw issue. they just forgot to use some kind of locktight. there are many threads about this, do a search for d2000 screw issue.

Sep 6, 2008 at 10:47 AM Post #3 of 8
There are many threads on Head-fi that tells you how to fix it.
Search for it.
Mine felt of too, but I screwed it back in place.
The srew looks stripped, but it isn't.
Just find yourself one of those tiny screwdrivers.

Sep 6, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #4 of 8
My D2000 have never had a "loose screw" issue, but reading this thread makes me want to get some Loctite and re-install the screws just the same. I've always handled the D2000 quite gingerly, though, as I have all the headphones I've owned.

Sep 6, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My D2000 have never had a "loose screw" issue, but reading this thread makes me want to get some Loctite and re-install the screws just the same. I've always handled the D2000 quite gingerly, though, as I have all the headphones I've owned.

Screws that fall off, have really nothing to do with how you handle them.
I knew about that issue, so I handled them even gentler than I ever did with my kids when they were babies
smile.gif

Still one the screws fell of, as did the earcup.
But it's quite easy to put hem back.

Sep 6, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #7 of 8
What material does the screw go into? If it's plastic I wouldn't use loctite, since it is known to strip paints and dissolve some materials.

I'd use some kind of glue just to be safe.

Sep 6, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my D2000s yesterday and do you think that it will have the loose screw issue.

If the earcups feel tight, than probably not. But it's really hit and miss with these cans. Some have no problems at all, while others do have loose screws.
To be sure, you can tighten all the screws you can find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back