Denon 1200 TT, Your opinions please.
Nov 7, 2009 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rjoseph

100+ Head-Fier
I bought a third TT from the bay for $220. I have read its one of the higher priced TTs of yesteryears Denons but have no idea in terms of performance and value for money. I was wondering if you can provide any feedback on this TT. And it does not come with a cart. Any suggestions on a good cart for this TT with the $50-100 range. I intend to keep it for long term and so please be candid about your views.

I'm yet to receive it from the seller but a few pics:

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

D3.jpg

Nov 7, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 5
I am a big fan of the big Denon DD tables, and the 1200 was a good one. It's a step below the DP 57/59/60/62/72 series, but nonetheless a very nice deck. I had one for a while.

As for cartridge, in that price range it's a no-brainer: Shure M97XE. I think that may be the best cartridge ever made for under $100.

Congrats, nice deck.

Nov 8, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 5
Oh boy, that table is a great one! Low resonance, top notch speed stability... and it's beautiful! Adapt/install a high end arm on that table and you will realize this is no average performer, but a stellar one. I would go for a VPI JW or Clearaudio Satisfy arm on that table. These are very high performance arms; extreme low resonance, super low friction ; overall superbly designed/engineered arms that are ready to let that table express it's true potential.

-Chris

Nov 14, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #4 of 5
The TT arrived yesterday and boy is it heavy. It looks small in the pics but its massively huge and a gorgeous piece of design. The TT seems to be in excellent condition.

Chris, in AK you had advised to use a DL-110 with this arm. I have no idea how to set up the AS and VTF but I intend to download the manual from vinylengine to check on the specs. I'm holding off buying the cart for sometime later this year, when the season and wifey is merrier.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:13 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjoseph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The TT arrived yesterday and boy is it heavy. It looks small in the pics but its massively huge and a gorgeous piece of design. The TT seems to be in excellent condition.

Chris, in AK you had advised to use a DL-110 with this arm. I have no idea how to set up the AS and VTF but I intend to download the manual from vinylengine to check on the specs. I'm holding off buying the cart for sometime later this year, when the season and wifey is merrier.
smily_headphones1.gif

Rjoseph, did you get that table up and running yet? If so, what do you think about it's performance? (Note: I still recommend putting a better arm on it if you ever get a chance to do so - that table can really take advantage of a top notch arm). And yes, the DL-110 is a great one to use. The DL-110 is a great cart to use in ANY level/cost table/system, as long as the arm mass is a good match for the cartridge's compliance. It should match up with that arm perfectly, if memory serves me.

-Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back