denon 1000 vs technics dh1200???
Mar 18, 2010 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dktechguy112

New Head-Fier
I have put up a few posts here,I'm looking for some decent headphones about $100-$150. I listen to hip-hop/rap, dance, electric. The most important thing for me is bass. A few members here recommended the denon 1000's. I was just wondering how those stack up to the technics dh1200. i know the technics have been out for a while, but all the reviews I read seem to hail them as great bass headphones. What do you guys recommend?

Also, I live in southern California, (Pomona area), does anyone know of any stores around the LA area that stock decent headphones. I would like to listen to these headphones before I buy them.

Also, where do you guys get high quality music? I mainly use itunes now, but if I get some nice headphones, I think I would like to get some higher quality songs, is there a place that you guys purchase flacs online?

I love listening to music, I can't really say I am an audiophile, because I don't know enough about music, how sound works, etc... But I'm learning, I'm a computer engineering student, and I'm very interested in the physics behind sound and headphones, can anyone recommend a good book to pickup for a noob to get the hang of all this?

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 4
I still use the DH1200 for DJ gigs but I wouldn't use them for listening enjoyment. They're a bit heavy and good for beatmatching but they lack musicality. However, if your first concern is DJ style looks then I'd suggest the A&H XD53. They were my favorite DJ can until a pig vomit rat person stole them. If you're a basshead you can look into the Sony XB series, they're lightweight and boomtastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back