Denim-Fi
Jun 9, 2007 at 11:57 AM Post #18 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Japanese denims (Evisu and such) are overpriced and incredibly ugly, with the exception of Big John -- or perhaps I'm just too old and boring. I'm more a Wrangler's guy, as Wranglers seems to handle my girth better.

X2 add Levi's here as well, and maybe a Lee...

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #20 of 79
I didn't expect this to be an appreciation thread for me --- I was right.
rolleyes.gif

I stick with Levi's, alway have, always will.

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:50 PM Post #21 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everytime they stink or get dirty.
icon10.gif
WHich is like once every month or so. One of my friends never did unless they have a stain.

seriously? i wash my pants after the second time i wear them. they just get kinda stretched out and loose.

Jun 10, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #22 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by FalconP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Japanese denims (Evisu and such) are overpriced and incredibly ugly, with the exception of Big John -- or perhaps I'm just too old and boring. I'm more a Wrangler's guy, as Wranglers seems to handle my girth better.

Well, I looked up some pictures of Evisu jeans online and have to say that the back-pocket or sometimes the back-pocket-and-leg designs are pretty bad. But that's definitely not what I meant when I talk about japanese denim. The pants at this store I visited were all very high quality and very well cut. Far from ugly, I think.

Jun 10, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #23 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
seriously? i wash my pants after the second time i wear them. they just get kinda stretched out and loose.

Yep. I like em when they are stretched out and loose, very comfortable.
icon10.gif

Jun 13, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #26 of 79
Diesel Zaf and Zathan (722 wash) are one of my Favs.
But I really like Jetlag, 7 for all mankind and True Religion Joeys. I "collect" denims as well and I think I have around 18 pairs (at which point I just STOPPED the madness!)

Jun 13, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #27 of 79
I'm still wearing my Dry Selvage Nudies, Regular Ralfs, and haven't washed them yet. I don't wear them every day, so I've extended past the six month rule.

They are so comfy at this point, I can't imagine ever buying another pair of pre-washed jeans. I think my next pair will be something by Kicking Mule Workshop...

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #29 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by sjpetry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like Diesel. BTW denim doesn't get dirty. ; )

I (and my often dirty pants) beg to differ.

Jun 14, 2007 at 8:35 AM Post #30 of 79
diesel seem to fit me pretty well as do earl jeans. gotta try seven and other brands sometime. button fly is the way to go for me. imo it's just easier to undo and just as fast to button up as a zipper. i guess the thing about zippers that scares me is that i could get caught in it but it's a moot point as long as you wear underwear.
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back