DENAFRIPS FPGA Firmware Update (12TH Anniv.)
Apr 18, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #316 of 1,124
When you say "burn-in",do you mean the unit is in "Standby mode" (LEDS off,other than Standby),or do mean 'powered up' with LEDS on,or 'powered' up with music playing?
I would think that the 'proper' way to burn in would be to have the unit powered up and music playing? Thanks,Huck
I think that "burn-in" is understood to be with the unit in-use with data flowing thru it.

Apr 18, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #317 of 1,124
Thanks,that was my understanding also.Huck

Apr 18, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #318 of 1,124
When you say "burn-in",do you mean the unit is in "Standby mode" (LEDS off,other than Standby),or do mean 'powered up' with LEDS on,or 'powered' up with music playing?
I would think that the 'proper' way to burn in would be to have the unit powered up and music playing? Thanks,Huck
I have roon 7x24 streaming music to ENYO, and I will turn off the amplifier when I am not listening to music.

Apr 18, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #319 of 1,124
I have roon 7x24 streaming music to ENYO, and I will turn off the amplifier when I am not listening to music.
My Roon would crash! It's always crashing...

Apr 18, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #321 of 1,124
This is a question for anyone familiar with the Denafrips ARES II Enyo.Will the unit 'remember' any of the settings(NOS,OS) when different inputs are used...say I use Coax1 with a streamer and Coax2 input with a CD player and I use NOS on Coax1 and then OS with slow filter on Coax2,will the Enyo remember each of those settings if I place it in "Standby" mode?....I will probably leave it powered up(not Standby) anyway.Thanks,Huck

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #322 of 1,124
I just received my used,but new to me Denafrips ARES II Enyo and after hooking everything up via both Coax inputs,I basically like the sound so far and that's without the newest firmware update.
Vinshine manual says that the "old" ARES II and the 'new' ENYO are basically the same unit,other than the name,but I found that pressing the "MUTE" button,according to the manual for the ARES II,the LED light for Mute is supposed to flash at one second intervals,well mine stays ON,no flashing,so obviously the internals are not the same,unless I got an oddball one?....anyways,the update looks very complicated to me,so I hope I don't "need' to do the update.
Anyone here using the newer version ARES II ENYO?.Thanks,Huck
I think the update to the Ares/Enyo has gone down better perhaps than other models. I prefer the update and you can always return to the original. The hardest part was taking the picture of the chip the update itself was fine as the instructions were very good. Just take your time and follow the steps.

Apr 18, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #323 of 1,124
I already took a pic of the chip,which doesn't photograph very well, just in case I 'need' to do the update,which looks waay too complicated for my little brain.
I may have to hire someone to do it for me(no kidding). I am jumping in late on all things digital...heck,I just got my first smart phone 5 months ago and I hate it!
I am an old dog(73),but still rock out every night for about 3 hours per.Huck

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #324 of 1,124
Greetings!

The mixed feeling/result of the firmware update is not unexpected.
If you pay attention, you may notice similar comments on other products, softwares, firmwares etc - where some users may prefer the older version, and some prefer the newer version.

It is not easy to strike a balance to please everyone - but we strive to be one.
Our goal is to continuously improve the DAC features and performance through the firmware update. Whenever there is a substantial update available for you, we will share it with you at - no fee - free.

We have also make the original firmware available on the FUT download links. You may rollback to the previous version whenever you like.

What does it mean to you?
The firmware update capability opens an endless possibilities to constantly improve the sound quality, features of the DAC.

Good news? I bet :)

Apr 18, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #325 of 1,124
Greetings!

If you pay attention, you may notice similar comments on other products, softwares, firmwares etc - where some users may prefer the older version, and some prefer the newer version.

It is not easy to strike a balance to please everyone - but we strive to be one.
Our goal is to continuously improve the DAC features and performance through the firmware update. Whenever there is a substantial update available for you, we will share it with you at - no fee - free.

We have also make the original firmware available on the FUT download links. You may rollback to the previous version whenever you like.

The firmware update capability opens an endless possibilities to constantly improve the sound quality, features of the DAC.

I want to thank you and your team for the incredible customer service! I updated my Pontus ii which is connected to a Hermes via I2S, and I have to say, I like the new firmware. I’m using NOS, but my system still has body/weight with improved detail. I don’t know if I’m in the minority, but voices (especially female voices) sound very natural and smooth. I do think the decay is not as prominent as the earlier firmware, which I do miss. Im looking forward to the next firmware update but for now, I’m keeping the latest update.

Alvin, thanks again for your amazing work and customer service!!

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 4:06 AM Post #326 of 1,124
I already took a pic of the chip,which doesn't photograph very well, just in case I 'need' to do the update,which looks waay too complicated for my little brain.
I may have to hire someone to do it for me(no kidding). I am jumping in late on all things digital...heck,I just got my first smart phone 5 months ago and I hate it!
I am an old dog(73),but still rock out every night for about 3 hours per.Huck
I am in Perth, Australia... (happy to help any who feel that way...)

Apr 19, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #327 of 1,124
I just flashed back to the 1.0 firmware provided by vinshine audio and the computer did not recognize ENYO; then I flashed back to the new 1.2 firmware and it recognized it and played normally. That's it, I decided to use 1.2 firmware, no more tossing. I recalled that the ENYO firmware was version 1.1 at the time of purchase.

False alarm....... Go with version 1.2 and enjoy better treble textures.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #328 of 1,124
Greetings!

alvin.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back