DENAFRIPS FPGA Firmware Update (12TH Anniv.)
Jun 4, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #646 of 1,124
Tried the T2 firmware upgrade on an iMac running the older MacOS El Capitan and it failed after I dragged the file into Terminal and pressed Enter. Thought it had bricked the DAC initially but it was fine after unplugging it and plugging it back in. I got some errors in Terminal but assume it failed before the upgrade had properly started. Will try the upgrade on my Windows PC when I’m feeling brave enough.

Jun 4, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #648 of 1,124
Tried the T2 firmware upgrade on an iMac running the older MacOS El Capitan and it failed after I dragged the file into Terminal and pressed Enter. Thought it had bricked the DAC initially but it was fine after unplugging it and plugging it back in. I got some errors in Terminal but assume it failed before the upgrade had properly started. Will try the upgrade on my Windows PC when I’m feeling brave enough.
I tried both, the update process worked perfectly, only extra and important step needed for PC is to disable WINDOWS SIGNED DRIVER ENFORCEMENT. My problem is updated T+ is not compatible with my version of Iris DDC via I2S connection. I had to revert back to V1.0 while waiting for Vinshine to provide fw update for the Iris DDC :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #649 of 1,124
I agree, I'm loving NOS with 1.4 and so far so good. I won't go crazy with this firmware thing, as soon as I want to get a warmer presentation I'll take 2 minutes max

Loving my Pontus since I got it and never looked for any other DAC and it's over 2 years already
Totally agree, NOS with 1.4 is fantastic!

Jun 5, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #650 of 1,124
I have just updated the Terminator II DAC to the v3.7 firmware using Hermes DDC I2S connections.
The procedure was quite involved but with the insightful & quick help of Vinshine on a couple of stages (resetting of the clock sync & out) it was completed successfully.
Thanks to Vinshine's support and great products!

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #651 of 1,124
Is The terminator Plus recovery files can be use for Terminator 2 ?
I still don't have reply from vinshine :cry:.

I am stuck with brick T2.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-06-05 at 13.37.19.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-06-05 at 13.37.19.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 0
Jun 5, 2023 at 3:00 AM Post #653 of 1,124
I have just updated the Terminator II DAC to the v3.7 firmware using Hermes DDC I2S connections.
The procedure was quite involved but with the insightful & quick help of Vinshine on a couple of stages (resetting of the clock sync & out) it was completed successfully.
Thanks to Vinshine's support and great products!
Hi after you updated to v3.7, do u need adjust clk sync? Or you refer to i2s config?

Jun 5, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #655 of 1,124
After 48 hours burn-in of v3.7 on my T2 + Gaia I'm very happy with the new firmware. The sound is more transparent, present and detailed. Probably a little less warm. It is like getting more revealing cables. FWIW I was using NOS before the update and continue to use it now.

Jun 5, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #656 of 1,124
Upgraded my T2 firmware with Windows 11 tonight. Bit of a fiddle to disable Windows Driver Enforcement on Windows 11. Several methods I tried from the Run window and F8 on boot-up didn’t work but this one did.

https://pureinfotech.com/disable-dr....,Disable driver signature enforcement option.

I also had Windows SmartScreen and Defender issues but shut those down so the Flash file would run.

My favourite test track, Alicia Keys - Rock Wit U from her album Songs in A Minor in 24 Bit 96.0 kHz has never sounded more transparent and peppered with percussion detail on my Susvaras. The T2’s slightly over-polite treble has been gently sharpened a tiny bit closer to perfection.

Great job Denafrips and Vinshine. A new high water mark on an already excellent product.

Jun 6, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #660 of 1,124
I think that's whats cause the biggest problems for DDC users... People think they "bricked" it when it's just you need to reconfigure both clock and i2s to have it working again. Alvin should state it clearly on the info like in bold or something :p
Agreed. They should also mention some old version Iris DDC is not compatible with the new DAC fw update (at least not for T2/+ V3.7, can't play both PCM and DSD files correctly). Wait for a new fw update for the DDC...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back