Denafrips Ares 12th speculation/discussion/impressions
May 20, 2023 at 9:25 AM Post #243 of 364
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good single ended dac? For another 2.1 setup? Sound quality as good as the Ares 12th
Musicians has one, but price is close to Ares 2. Audio GD R2R-11 comes with headphone amp. Why you need single ended? R-1 is balanced, but you can use multiple outputs simultaneously.

May 29, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #248 of 364
Hi everyone, new user here. I am enjoying my Ares 12th very much after only one week of use. I was wondering if anyone knows where to find a graph or info on the attenuation of the 2 available filters?
Doing a further search i found this Stereophile article where they measured the filters of Ares and Terminator, they have a couple of graphs of the filters. It’s not the Ares 12th but it’s the closest I could find to any filter specs. I also wrote Vinshine and asked and they responded promptly and kindly but only with descriptions, no graphs or numbers. Here is the link to the stereophile article:

https://www.stereophile.com/content/gramophone-dreams-40-denafrips-terminator-ares-ii-measurements

Jun 9, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #252 of 364
It's bad business practice. Part of the fun of buying something new is in having the latest version of the product, and can help justify the added expense.

I just got mine a few weeks ago and would have gladly waited for the new version.

I still love my 12th, but out of principal I believe Denafrips has lost a customer for life.

There aren't THAT many people out there willing to spend what is nearing a ludicrous amount of money on a DAC, seems like companies should be more thoughtful of not rubbing those customers the wrong way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back