Demographic Poll Two: "Well, I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship..."
Apr 6, 2006 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 88

Meyvn

Headphoneus Supremus
Audiophile/race correlation?

Apr 6, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #5 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by ojnihs
I'm from Mars...but it's not an option...

"Other." :p

Apr 6, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #6 of 88
I know that someone hispanic when they can pronounce my username right: so far no one on head-fi has.
tongue.gif

some of these categories are just plain wierd; it's neither ethnicity (which there are thousands of) nor race (tricky subject). I think it's location of ancestry... which is probably more at what he's getting at.
just to make fun:
1. why spain get lumped with south America for speaking same language as them, i suppose Britian is now part of the USA?
2. Seriously, India in same category as egypt?
3. Africa separated like that... historians would get pissed with the egypt as part of central Asia.
there's more.. so have at it!

Apr 6, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #7 of 88
I don't think you'll find many audiophiles in the Himalayan Steppes. I'm pretty sure there's absolutely no racial correlation so much as there is a regional/wealth correlation.

Apr 6, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #8 of 88
Just going by the major parts of my genealogy, I'm Mexican (my mother was part of the first generation of her family to be born outside of Mexico), white (most of my father's rich family heritage comes all the way from Alabama) and Native America (great grandfather on my dad's side was Cherokee Indian). Therefore, this poll should've allowed people to make more than one choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
I know that someone hispanic when they can pronounce my username right: so far no one on head-fi has.
tongue.gif

I can't. I guess I'm a faux hispanic (fauxpanic?).

Apr 6, 2006 at 8:34 PM Post #9 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
Therefore, this poll should've allowed people to make more than one choice.

Honestly, the idea was more to get at a sense of users' ethnic identities, which means if you're multiracial/multicultural, which you would identify yourself with.

Apr 6, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #10 of 88
Started my own race and we ARE surperior beings but since not on the list will go for the next closest thing.......oh wait !

no category for "Human" ?

What ?

Door #4 if I must though have family members from all of the above
tongue.gif

Apr 6, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #12 of 88
Quote:

Middle East/Central Asian (Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, India, Iran, Iraq, Egypt, et cetera).

LOL, at least learn your geography before you speak about demographics... India in middle east? India and Egypt at the same category?

Apr 6, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #14 of 88
Nevermind....
wink.gif

Apr 6, 2006 at 11:30 PM Post #15 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Where's the "prefer not to say" choice?

Easy... if you prefer not to say, don't vote. Unnecessary category IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back