Delusional Audiophile Comments (outside this message board)
Apr 11, 2008 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Spyro

Headphoneus Supremus
This is meant in fun with people you have come across that have made strange comments about audio products out of ignorance.

I was on another message board. The person already owns Super Fi Pros but received a pair of EB's and was raving about them. I casually mentioned that EB's bass are so heavy that they eclipse the rest of the frequencies and are generally best for hip hop and rap music. And that SFP's are generally regarded as much better. The person strongly disagreed and stated the following:

"...the extended bass earbuds sound more balanced bass wise. It's not that there's anything wrong at all with the superfi 5's, these just fill in the bottom end more. Which, on stage, I really need at times; the regular 5's can be a bit thin on the low end, sometimes."

ROTFLMAO!! Doubt he'd like the bass on Etys huh?

Apr 11, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #2 of 4
it's like how i keep seeing people on hotdeal forums going crazy over ep630's, vmoda bass freqs, and other cheap bass heavy headphones. many people equate an abundance, even if it's in excess, of bass as being "good sound".

Apr 11, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"...the extended bass earbuds sound more balanced bass wise. It's not that there's anything wrong at all with the superfi 5's, these just fill in the bottom end more. Which, on stage, I really need at times; the regular 5's can be a bit thin on the low end, sometimes."

That is, to say the least, quite ridiculous.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back