Dell Pocket DJ
Mar 21, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #3 of 6
I have a 20GB Dell DJ that I bought in January.

I just replaced it with an Archos XS200.

They have the same capacity (20GB) but the Archos is a full 1/3 smaller. I imagine it is about the same size as a pocket DJ. It can be had for the same price as the pocket DJ also (around $200). I recommend it!

The Dell firmware is slow and the interface is cumbersome. I don't recommend it.

Mar 21, 2005 at 6:18 AM Post #4 of 6
A shocking amount of people who sell of their players for other players are dell DJ owners. They often complain about the durability of the player, UI, and lack of features. I had always thought that it was a decent player for what it did. (before the mini dropped to 200 bucks too)

Mar 21, 2005 at 6:22 AM Post #5 of 6
I have the original Dell DJ and I love it. I've owned my share of players and I think the DJ holds its own against any of them. Don't own the Pocket DJ but I hear it's largely similar. Though one of the major selling points of the original DJ, the stellar battery life, is actually subpar on the Pocket DJ. As for the UI, it's Creative's and I think it's pretty good. Same goes for sound quality. And the build quality is quite good. Very solid and rugged. Again, this is the original DJ.

Mar 21, 2005 at 6:23 AM Post #6 of 6
I have the old style Dell DJ 20gb.
I love it.
I found that the program for it is fine. I don't like the MusicMatch interface, but I also don't have to use it. I just use DJ Explorer, which Dell has not updated in a long time.
The only shortcoming is that Dell didn't put a line out on the player. I haven't looked at the Pocket DJ, so I don't know if they changed that or not.

They don't seem to be too popular. Not as many features as a lot of the other players on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back