dell dj sounds better than my soundcard
Apr 3, 2004 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

eMpAtHy

100+ Head-Fier
i plugged my speakers into my dell dj and i was like it sounds soo much better than my sound blaster audigy gamer. im just wondering why a dap would sound better than a soundcard..i have the newest drivers and everything too..and im not computer illiterate..so i was just wondering how the hell it would sound better..like my logitech z560's normal bass would be muddy..but now the bass is punchy and i love it..so i have my speakers plugged into my jukebox now lol...but im still wondering why it would sound better..

oh yeah..when its in the soundcard..i have it plugged into 2 different holes so its actually 4.1...i wonder what its at when its plugged into the dj..sine i dont think a dj would have 4.1 support..but i may be wrong..and my sub is hitting too...

Apr 4, 2004 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 9
Audigy is not that great sounding and resamples CD audio (44.1khz) into 48khz. Windows 2000/XP has it's own resampling. Inside the computer has a lot of noise.

A portable is battery powered so has the cleanest of power. The DJ is also new so may employ better stuff inside.

Apr 4, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 9
and he didnt believe me wen it sounded muddy.

Apr 4, 2004 at 4:30 AM Post #6 of 9
It depends... if your sound card doesn't have the quality that your mp3 player has, then obviously it should sound worse.
Fans, HDD spins, etc all cause noise, so it could be distorted a lot...

You should try a test with something other than speakers. What seems as mud on those may seem as static on smaller phones closer to your ear.

Apr 4, 2004 at 9:53 AM Post #7 of 9
well my headphones sound better on my dell dj..than my soundcard..iono ill do some testing and figure this stuff out..its 1:54 and im sleepy

Apr 4, 2004 at 12:04 PM Post #8 of 9
Well if it's any help my Zen Xtra, which I've heard sounds a lot like Dell DJ, sounds clearly better than my Audigy 2.

Apr 4, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 9
oh okay..thanks for the info..surprised that this little DAP would sound better than a 200 dollar sound card..well its a lot cheaper than 200 now..saw it for like ~130

Users who are viewing this thread

Back