Dell DJ and the RealPlayer
Dec 1, 2004 at 3:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ed_bollix

100+ Head-Fier
I don't know if it's just me but I don't like MusicMatch. Seems like I have read that around here in the past. I have put up with it for a long time and today for some reason I looked at Real Player and Windows Media player up close (something I read here). I downloaded Real Player 10.5 and it includes a driver for the Dell DJ! I installed it and let it work its way through my music library, no small task. When all was said and done I played around with it for a bit and then I plugged my DJ. It found it... no screwing around, no restarting the dell, no shutting down MusicMatch 3 or 4 times or launching the portable device manager 15 times... It simply found my DJ. I am not used to this kind of behavior.

Admittedly I have only been working with the Real Player for about 45 minutes but typically in this amount of time I would have had at least one or two issues with Music Match. I have used the Dell DJ explorer in the past but the interface never really appealed to me for some reason... I hope this is not a short lived phoneme; I am enjoying simply moving music around without having to engage the computer diagnostic process.

I'll play with Media Player another day as I am in kind of a euphoric state at the moment and I don’t want to screw it up.

Dec 1, 2004 at 8:56 AM Post #3 of 4
or MS Powertoys plug-in, also works, and free. no frills, but you can copy to and delete stuff on the DJ the from Win Explorer.

Dec 1, 2004 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 4
I'll have a look at both of the above, thanks! I am pretty pleased with Real at the moment but there hasn't been time for it to revile its ugly side yet. Part of the deal is a better tool to manage my library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back