Delivery Digikey
Dec 12, 2005 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ntrl

New Head-Fier
Greetings!

I build amplifier pimeta. Has ordered details in digikey. The Total sum of the order of 29 dollars, plus 6 for the international order. On mail to me the notice on removal from a card mastercard 55 dollars has come. Really delivery to the Europe (Russia) such dear - 20 $? These are 66 % from the sum of the order.

Dec 12, 2005 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 10
the $6 are additional fees for international orders, not the shipping costs. shipping seems to be $20 in your case (depends on weight). Expect further costs if customs duties get applied.

For shipping to Germany I paid at the bottom line about $50 in addition to the parts cost.

Welcome at head-fi and sorry about your wallet.

Dec 12, 2005 at 3:21 PM Post #3 of 10
Don't Digikey have a business prescsence in Germany? I seem to recall they have a german version of their website.

Dec 12, 2005 at 3:45 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by eVITAERC
Don't Digikey have a business prescsence in Germany? I seem to recall they have a german version of their website.

yes, that's correct. On the german site it is claimed that all prices include all costs like taxes etc, nevertheless UPS charged me customs duties on top of that. Additionally not all items are available at the german digikey site, though the package is shipped from the same store in the states. Additionally UPS shipping is much more expensive than Global Priority Mail. Additionally ...

To cut a long story short: the local sites (at least the german) are a big heap of crap. Personally I prefer to order directly from the US site for some reason.

Dec 12, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #5 of 10
2steinchen:

It is necessary to be measured and prepare for the worst
smily_headphones1.gif

Tell me plz, delivery to Germany from the USA (United States Postal Service Global Express Mail) how long?

Dec 12, 2005 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 10
varies a little depending on customs clearing time etc, average about 2 weeks

worst case was an order from Mouser, taking 4 looong weeks after shipped from Mouser till it finally arrived

Dec 13, 2005 at 5:19 AM Post #8 of 10
I'm from Eastern Europe, and 20$ UPS to Russia seems resonable. You'll hardly find much better rate for a parcel even by USPS, besides UPS will deliver much faster.

Dec 14, 2005 at 11:13 AM Post #9 of 10
If I go to the portuguese version of digikey I have a minimum order of 100€ or I pay 13€ for "handling". ALso, the prices are more expensive. If I order from the USA site, I only have a 6$ international fee. I prefer to order from the USA site. ANd thanks to the difference between $ and € shipping pays itself off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back