DELETED!
Apr 18, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #2 of 6
No, I think price doesn't have a lot to do with sound quality. In fact once you get past a certain price, things go downhill if you just want good natural sounding music reproduction. My magnums are perfect. And I like my Blox for portable, but would gladly try something from hisound for free :)

Apr 18, 2012 at 6:31 AM Post #3 of 6
I am of the opinion that pricing tends to affect the judgment of less determined consumers to a greater degree; personally I think the biggest placebo in circles where true quality is appreciated is hype! A lot of people here at Head-Fi set themselves a budget for a particular purchase, and base their selection on what gives them the most for their money. Thats the difference between people who do hours of research and wind up signing up for a Head-Fi account, and those who walk into Best Buy and grab the biggest box on the shelf! Head-Fiers are here because we do research; I think bang for the buck is the most important thing to the majority of Head-Fiers. However outside of Head-Fi I think its not the biggest price tag, but the flashiest advertising and branding that catch the most attention.

Apr 18, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #4 of 6
Most folks generally relate price to sound quality. While there are some exceptional "bang for buck" cases in the audio world, i find it to be quite true. I feel that much of the sound quality we hear is influenced by expectation bias, hype, and overly enthusiastic reviews. Evident in how every other product is hyped up and reviewed very favourably in the first few weeks of it's release before people sober up and the negative reviews start rolling in.

Apr 18, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #5 of 6
I'll enter just saying that a lot of audio equipment is very overpriced and price doesnt always mean quality. I have the Popo already and it is great value for money, I am glad that there are still trying to please customers and make good products at a reasonable price. Thanks for the giveaway looking forward to the draw. Good luck everyone.

Apr 18, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #6 of 6
Personally, I like to think that price has "nothing" to do with my decision on what equipment to buy (outside of being able to afford it). Sadly, I know this isn't true.  I see it sort of like going to the grocery store when you're hungry.  It makes you tempted to buy more food and spend more money than you'd like, but you know you'll never admit it.  A higher price on headphones may actually tempt more people to buy it over something lower priced and better.  Then again, it's possible that we've got the cause and effect entirely backwards and it's the marketing that makes a headphone more popular and the price is a factor of the marketing.  Personally, I try very hard to look at reviews and find out for myself what product is acutally better before making a decision based on money.

P.S. Thanks for the opportunity! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back