deleted
Dec 25, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 6
Are you using the Audio Technicas amped? In most cases amping is required to drive headphones properly, since they require more power than IEMs. If you're still using the onboard sound card (I'm assuming you have a desktop), a sound card with a dedicated headphone amp such as the Asus Xonar DG (~$20-30) will improve sound quality and volume significantly compared to onboard audio. There are also many USB- based options around.

Dec 25, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #3 of 6
Audio-Technica's A and AD series are known for having low bass. Amplification won't help, especially because the A and AD series are easy to drive headphones. That bass response should be expected. I found that these Audio-Technicas have a pretty decent bass response if you equalize it and like tight bass. 

Quote:
Are you using the Audio Technicas amped? In most cases amping is required to drive headphones properly, since they require more power than IEMs. If you're still using the onboard sound card (I'm assuming you have a desktop), a sound card with a dedicated headphone amp such as the Asus Xonar DG (~$20-30) will improve sound quality and volume significantly compared to onboard audio. There are also many USB- based options around.

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 6
I had some amplification, but likely not enough to get the full potential out of the 700s. They were tremendously comfortable once I got used to them, and the sound was delightful. 

All in all not exactly what I'm looking for from a headset right now, so the search continues. 

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 6
WOW! What a review
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back