<deleted>
Nov 21, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by nnotis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd recommend the Sleek Audio SA6. I recently got them for my wife and I was very impressed. I think they offer what you're looking for.

Thanks for the recommendation, I've never heard of these SA6's and they've got me intriqued, especially the modular tuning features
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 12
Unless you can find an IEM with low isolation (it's handy to hear the sounds of things like snowmobiles when you're downhill skiing and cars and trucks when you're rollerblading) and absolutely zero cable microphonics, I would not recommend any at all since you intend to be quite active with them.

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:18 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless you can find an IEM with low isolation (it's handy to hear the sounds of things like snowmobiles when you're downhill skiing and cars and trucks when you're rollerblading) and absolutely zero cable microphonics, I would not recommend any at all since you intend to be quite active with them.

I'm sorry but I guess you misread or misunderstood what I said in: "4. isolation/ minimal sound leakage
I won't be using these neither in traffic nor in any place where I would need to be really aware of the unseen environment or people. I want to be alone with my music and whatever is keeping me occupied at the moment." minimal sound leakage means that no sound leaks to the outside world from my ears. Isolation is a very important thing for me, I won't be rollerblading in public places or in traffic, and I downhill ski in freestyle routes where people try to take turns and don't ski simultaneously.

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #6 of 12
around $260, your options are really limited to:

Shure 530
UE 10Pro

there are other options, of course, and I encourage that you visit the IEM forums which compares pretty much all of the outstanding IEMs.

I, for myself, have UE 10 pro and like it a lot.

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #7 of 12
I read. I understood. I cared about your safety enough to post a reply. I offered an opinion on the subject under consideration. Opinion rejected. OK by me. Good luck in your search. Be safe.

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read. I understood. I cared about your safety enough to post a reply. I offered an opinion on the subject under consideration. Opinion rejected. OK by me. Good luck in your search. Be safe.

Ah okay, well the thing is, all these activities are either done in almost complete isolation or in vast areas devoid of other people, or safeguarded events. So really, I'm not ignoring my safety, there simply is no danger of accidents due to not seeing or hearing what's around me in these activities and how/where I do them (if you count out falling aeroplanes and meteorites ofc
tongue.gif
), but thank you for caring
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
around $260, your options are really limited to:

Shure 530
UE 10Pro

there are other options, of course, and I encourage that you visit the IEM forums which compares pretty much all of the outstanding IEMs.

I, for myself, have UE 10 pro and like it a lot.

Thanks for the recommendations, the budget isn't really that strict, and as I said, I can go under it too, if the price/sound quality ratio is good enough in addition to the ruggedness. I've been looking at the UEs for a while now, they really do seem like they're made for my needs. I think I'm going to make my decicion after the weekend, so I will wait for more recommendations and views from the users themselves, I'm especially looking for opinions from people who have their IEMs for extreme sports and a bit rougher activities
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #10 of 12
Oh I just noticed that the "Portable audio" forum would be the correct one for a thread about IEMs. Sorry for this! (I just thought that portable audio was about portable amps and portable players, as headphones, even full-size, are still fairly easily portable to me
tongue.gif
, plus it says nothing about IEMs and such in the forum main view description
frown.gif
)

Nov 22, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best IEMS for activities that can involve avalanches and falling rock (among other things) are the transparent ones you were born with.

Nope, I didn't say rockclimbing nor mountain climbing, I just said climbing, and mainly I meant running up steep walls of small quarries or climbing a man-made monkey-ladder. Please do also note that I'm from Finland, this is pretty much a flat country, no Mt. Everest here dood.

You people need to stop worrying about the hazards (THERE ARE NONE!) of my activities, so chill and start giving me recommendations for IEMs
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back