Delete...
Jan 25, 2024 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SweetCans928

500+ Head-Fier
I already feel dumb. I appreciate the responses though, thank you!

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 7:18 PM Post #2 of 6
I think watching stand up, listening to music, or putting less effort to make friends would help you.

Also do not frame your mentality as victimhood, not denying that depression can be a real dark subject but attitude, mentality and frame of mind definitely contributes to overall well being. The mind is a powerful asset.

Lastly there is a thin balance of helping yourself and getting/needing help. You will have to navigate that alone unfortubately and decide whats the best balance for that. Help from others may or may not be as beneficial as self help.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 7:20 PM Post #3 of 6
When I mention to put less effort to make friends I meant it in the sense of organically naturally making friends by doing things you have shared interests, rather than to make a friend to cure lonliness and depression as people will inheriantly always feel you are "wanting" something from them by being their friend and it will come off as awkward and uncomfortable.

Sorry for the long non directional blast of texts but it all came from a good place. Hope you can sense that.

Lastly as we are both on an audio forum do not fall into trap of always hiding and listening to music alone... as tempting as that is, we are born to be social creatures.

BALANCE is the key to a happy life!

What are some of your other hobbies? Any other peers with same ptsd etc?

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #4 of 6
First, I want to say, spend as much time with your dogs as possible. As you said, their love is unconditional, they'll always be there for you. I recommend as many long walks as possible with them.

Second, I'm glad you're getting help. I hope that includes both therapy and exploring medication. Finding the right therapist and the right medication can be a long road with a lot of missteps, so it may feel hopeless, but it is possible. You may also want to look into some more unique treatments if what you've found isn't working for you. There's some very good work being done right now with treating PTSD with psychedelics, for example.

Third, I'd say focus less on making friends and more on just getting out and doing things for yourself. It's very hard to make new friends as adults, so don't put that pressure on yourself. Find things you can get out and do, and friends may just come along organically.

Jan 25, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 6
Thank you everyone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back