delete
Oct 10, 2007 at 9:28 AM Post #17 of 29
Fair enough this guy has had a very bad experience with livewires. But i dont think that this should put the OP off from buying them. Myself and alot of others here have had nothing but first class service from john.

Oct 10, 2007 at 12:01 PM Post #18 of 29
Livewires are worth every penny. This small company gives excellent service.

Great customer service letter to the p.i.t.a. Always wanted to do that myself.
etysmile.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:23 AM Post #19 of 29
reply from John at Livewires
Ivan,

It seems that you made it your life's mission to attempt to cause harm to my company. You have been fully refunded your money by us through Todd the Vinyl Junkie, one of the most respected names at Head-Fi. We shipped your Livewires in good faith to the address you specified. They have not been returned to our office. If Todd suspected that we defrauded even one of his clients, he would drop us from his product line immediately. We're still proud to be on his front page. I am very sorry that some of my personal emails to you were viewed as rude. Had I known that they would be published here at Head-Fi, I would have written them exactly the same way. I feel that it is highly likely that you have defrauded my company and have both a refund and a shiny new set of Livewires in your ears. Short of hiring a photographer to capture you wearing your now complimentary set, we're stuck. Here's a solution to this mess, Ivan; turn them up real loud, make sure that they are properly sealed and take a nice walk down some railroad tracks. Just kidding, Ivan. That would be dangerous. If there is anything more than a refund that you feel that we need to do to recompensate you, please let me know. Be careful, though. I might just post it here at Head-Fi.
John Diles
Livewires

yup, great customer service kosmic.
you just can't get that kind of support and assistance these days.

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:52 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhaedrusX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ivan,

It seems that you made it your life's mission to attempt to cause harm to my company. You have been fully refunded your money by us through Todd the Vinyl Junkie, one of the most respected names at Head-Fi. We shipped your Livewires in good faith to the address you specified. They have not been returned to our office. If Todd suspected that we defrauded even one of his clients, he would drop us from his product line immediately. We're still proud to be on his front page. I am very sorry that some of my personal emails to you were viewed as rude. Had I known that they would be published here at Head-Fi, I would have written them exactly the same way. I feel that it is highly likely that you have defrauded my company and have both a refund and a shiny new set of Livewires in your ears. Short of hiring a photographer to capture you wearing your now complimentary set, we're stuck. Here's a solution to this mess, Ivan; turn them up real loud, make sure that they are properly sealed and take a nice walk down some railroad tracks. Just kidding, Ivan. That would be dangerous. If there is anything more than a refund that you feel that we need to do to recompensate you, please let me know. Be careful, though. I might just post it here at Head-Fi.
John Diles
Livewires

I read that reply on the feedback forum. What a joke of a reply.

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #21 of 29
How is it a joke.

At the end of the day the guy who complained has got them and is pretending he hasnt.

So he has got a refund and livewires therefore he has got them for free.

The tracking number confirms he has got them so who do you believe?

The post + tracking number or him?

Somehow i dont believe a word he says

Oct 16, 2007 at 8:55 AM Post #22 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhaedrusX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ivan,

John Diles
Livewires

Yep, Livewires for free....he must be laughing his head off!

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How is it a joke.

At the end of the day the guy who complained has got them and is pretending he hasnt.

So he has got a refund and livewires therefore he has got them for free.

The tracking number confirms he has got them so who do you believe?

The post + tracking number or him?

Somehow i dont believe a word he says

I am not sure where you got that but my understanding is that the buyer asked and paid for express shipping (with insurance and a tracking number) but Livewires shipped regular post (no tracking number), hence the phones either did not arrive or got lost. This is the main issue.

I am sure if there is a tracking number with a notice that he received them, John Diles would have been more than pleased to include that in his reply. If there is (as you seem so sure), let LIvewires post the tracking number and confirmation for all to see.

That would put this (and all accusations) to rest.

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, Livewires for free....he must be laughing his head off!

Add me and many other people to the "agreed" list.

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Add me and many other people to the "agreed" list.

And subtract me and the many others who have luckily seen the bad customer service before dealing with livewires.

What makes you think that John is going to know for sure that the buyer has them - just because he says so? All I can see you doing is trying for a pair of freebies.

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #27 of 29
NO i am not.

I have talked to John more than anyone here eg exchanged around 20 emails with him and he has told me the whole story.

That's what i am making my judgment on.

How did you have a bad experience with Livewires anyway?

Oct 16, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #28 of 29
What bad customer service?

I've sent John emails at night and gotten a response a few minutes after. Their customer service is great.

The only qualm I have is that I wasn't given an ETA, because I requested black connectors and they didn't know how long it would take them to experiement with them to do it right.

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

NO i am not.

I have talked to John more than anyone here eg exchanged around 20 emails with him and he has told me the whole story.

That's what i am making my judgment on.

How did you have a bad experience with Livewires anyway?

Perhaps if you'd had the same amount of contact with the buyer you'd be in a position to judge.

If I recall correctly you are interested in a set of custom iems' hence the many questions you've been asking. Bear in mind that those of us who have them have not all had a perfect fit first time. I had my impressions taken 3 times but luckily all included in the ACS T2 price. If buying from abroad I'd have a slight concern about that if I had to send iems back to get remoulded. It's likely that the ear pieces are just thrown away and done afresh (it's good the wiring is detachable on the livewires) so the company would surely factor that into the pricing structure. I'd also look for feedback before buying and at the aftersales support and the manner of dealings with customers. Indeed especially for overseas customers where it would cost the buyer/company more in postage for refits.

If you do go for the livewires I sincerely hope you have a good experience and get a great fit first time as using custom iems over universals is a treat I'd recommend to many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back