*Delete
Jan 21, 2003 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 17
I hate to 'Bash' you on the site like this, but "Depauw... SWALLOWS!"

Jan 21, 2003 at 5:14 AM Post #4 of 17
You might be better off trying monster.com.

Jan 21, 2003 at 5:34 AM Post #5 of 17
Doesn't matter at all what school you went to. There are Harvard grads who couldn't pick lint out of their butts. Esp. for programming, I'd bet Depauw grads are just as/better prepared than any Ivy League grad.

Important thing is work experience and attitude.

Keep it up, Skoiboy and best of luck!

P.S. Try the law firm Reid and Priest in NYC. They are heavy into networking and might be hiring...

Jan 21, 2003 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 17
can i have your resume
redface.gif

Jan 21, 2003 at 6:28 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

I'd bet Depauw grads are just as/better prepared than any Ivy League grad.

Obviously, you've never met a CS major from Cornell (school motto: hari kiri is for wimps)...
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2003 at 8:09 PM Post #9 of 17
Actually, I have. My dad used to teach up there. He also used to tell me that if I didn't study hard, I'd end up going to Cornell
smily_headphones1.gif

I've also met Columbia Univ. comp. sci. guys and Univ. of Chicago comp. sci guys. Insofar as writing commercial apps and javascript, I stick by by comment.

Jan 21, 2003 at 8:55 PM Post #11 of 17
Damn, you got a lot of extracurricular activities.

Jan 21, 2003 at 9:44 PM Post #12 of 17
Hi Yage:

He taught Journalism there. He used to do a bunch of statistical modeling on the old mainframes that were housed not so far from Cornell Quarters. We grew up in this beautiful stone-walled house on Maple Ave. that Cornell tore down and turned into a parking lot
frown.gif

Jan 21, 2003 at 9:48 PM Post #13 of 17
just get as many interviews as you can stand. for example the microsoft interview process is grueling, but it is just this kind of experience that makes you a stronger candidate. also, bring breath mints and use them.
wink.gif

Jan 22, 2003 at 3:26 AM Post #14 of 17
I actually live a little less than 2 miles from Cornell and love the place. Im hoping to go there in 2 years for CS. If there are any people going to cornell with some nice gear give me a call
wink.gif
By the way that was pretty rude bashing his incredible resumee. With a degree and that much experience it looks like you could getr just about any comp job you want. Good luck with that and srry for hijacking the thread and turning into something about Cornell.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back